Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast

Thread: The Doctor Who thread

Yes, after the credits. But there should be 2 repeats this week for u to just record the end.

I've been watching it on ABC's iView.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

New Sonic!!!! Looks cool!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

The featured guest in the Christmas Special should bring some fun back to the show, as this Doctor is a little too depressive/serious/mopey.

And possible spin-off/sideplot with two immortal humans and their time travelling diner.

SPOILERS

So does that mean Clara is like a Clone?

A "second" of her life was removed and put on a timeloop "between heartbeats", which allows the rest of her to die as normal without causing a contradiction (if she was completely removed, she wouldn't be killed in the trap street, and the Doctor wouldn't be on a quest for vengeance, or demand to have her removed before she dies).

The inclusion of Rassilon was short and almost unnecessary, and suddenly he was gone from the story. He's like the Primus of Transformers (without the insanity element), as he created the Timelords, and then he just walks off because he is told to by the Doctor. Whatever.

They just made Clara immortal and I don't know how the previews with River tie in. You're right, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    New Sonic!!!! Looks cool!
    Nope, I don't think it's cool. Touching the new sonic has to make a sound so that people think it does something. For me, it's more of a throwback of the original sonic screwdriver. Just pretending something has more technology in it.

At least the screwdriver was a tool and it extends and lights up with the sound. This does what?

Clara is a paradox waiting to happen hence the fears of fracturing time and probably why the protocols for the extraction room are so strict.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    SPOILERS

So does that mean Clara is like a Clone?

A "second" of her life was removed and put on a timeloop "between heartbeats", which allows the rest of her to die as normal without causing a contradiction (if she was completely removed, she wouldn't be killed in the trap street, and the Doctor wouldn't be on a quest for vengeance, or demand to have her removed before she dies).

The inclusion of Rassilon was short and almost unnecessary, and suddenly he was gone from the story. He's like the Primus of Transformers (without the insanity element), as he created the Timelords, and then he just walks off because he is told to by the Doctor. Whatever.
    No, not like a clone. As they explained in the episode it is her taken out of her time stream at the last possible moment. She still has to go back because her death is a fixed point in time but she's in no hurry. There's at least another example of this in fiction that's nagging at my memory but I can't quite place an exact example.

She's finished her story arc of becoming more and more like the doctor by stealing a Tardis and running off through space and time with a companion. It's a nice way to go out. I wondered if her new status quo provided a more straight forward way for her to become the Impossible Girl. She can travel through space and time and cross paths with the Doctor many times over. Oswin Oswald and Clara Oswin Oswald though both seem to be their own people so maybe not.

I'm also curious about the end of the universe. We've got Me hanging out in the ruins of Gallifrey. We've got Professor Yana helping to build a rocket to take surviving humans to Utopia. We've got some... thing... outside knocking on Orson Pink's door. Was that Me? I've always assumed the Doctor took the Master's body back to Prof Yana's planet to bury him at the end of season three, at the end of time, so the woman taking the ring? Who's never been explicitly identified? Was that Clara and/or Me? The Master had to come back in order for him to connect Clara and the Doctor. Were they maybe doing some predestination time loop stuff?

Rassilon didn't quite "just walk off". There was a military coup. A bloodless one, but for sure the military turned on their leadership. I just thought it a shame that since he had regenerated since his last appearance in Ten's last story, I didn't recognise it was meant to be Rassilon until he left.