Thread: Megastorm custom - Facebook live video (live at 8pm Sat 27/10/18)

Default Megastorm custom - Facebook live video (live at 8pm Sat 27/10/18)

I’m doing a live customising video tonight - doing some scratch building and resin casting. A different project from last time, this time I’m tackling Megastorm (to go with my current Gigastorm custom). How to completely destroy a Transformer figure to create something new! 8pm Melbourne time (that’s 8pm AEST, GMT+11, about 80 minutes from now).

If you’ve got Facebook, it’s at Facebook.com/MsToyCustoms. Live tonight and will remain on the site afterwards for viewing later if you want. Come say hi!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

All done now. The video, which goes for about 98 minutes, remains up on the site linked in the previous post. I may well update this thread with a few pics when I get a chance.

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms

I've done a bit of work scratch building for this custom - an area of customising I'm not super comfortable with.

If you haven't been able to (or can't or not inclined to) watch the video, here's the skinny: I'm using a TR Hardhead to make a Megastorm, to go with my Gigastorm custom - still working on that big bugger!

The problem is the legs/feet - I prefer the tank treads to be on the rear of the legs rather than the front (as Hardhead's are). There's issues with Hardhead's chest area as well, in terms of mimicking Megastorm's, but I'm not as confident at fixing that. We'll just have to call it a modern interpretation of Megastorm.

I decided to add feet to the back of the legs and add a waist swivel - the rear of Hardhead's crotch and hips is a reasonable representation of the front, so that works. I started by cutting the crotch/hip section away from the rest of the body:

This is what the rear of the crotch/hip piece will look like, when turned to the front for robot mode:

I found this in my parts box - I think it's an arm section of another Bionicle-type robot. It has what will pass as a swivel joint, it turns smoothly and is reasonably solid (ie won't come apart without a little effort). And it's grey so it will fit the general colour scheme well enough.

I trimmed it down and fitted it into the crotch/hip piece:

...then did the same to the body pice, that it will insert into:

It looks like this when in tank mode:

...and like this in robot mode:

I still need to clean up all the pieces a bit before I glue all the new inserts into place. I may also fill out the flanks a little where the hips meet the body at either side of the swivel point.

That's cool Mbot, I just don't have the time to watch it right now but I look forward to future instalments, at least the picture skinny version.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That's cool Mbot, I just don't have the time to watch it right now but I look forward to future instalments, at least the picture skinny version.
    It’s a long video and not all of it very exciting, to be frank. I realise it’s niche, so I’ll be posting WIP photos here.

I’m sorry I missed this one as I enjoyed the previous one. I only saw the FB link after it had finished.

Will make sure to tune in for the next one

BTW- have you ever thought of doing custom, er... chests for Femmebots? Some of mine could use a serious upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I’m sorry I missed this one as I enjoyed the previous one. I only saw the FB link after it had finished.

Will make sure to tune in for the next one

BTW- have you ever thought of doing custom, er... chests for Femmebots? Some of mine could use a serious upgrade
    Safe to say, not a request I’ve ever had before!

The second one was not too dissimilar from the first - maybe just a little more polished. A very little.