Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Guinness World Record for the biggest collection of Transformers

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    I do this lol. It’s normal for character specific collectors right?
    It's just a shame some of us have chosen characters where merch with them is limited... if anything

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    I say do it Grif, if for no other reason than so everyone on here will then be able to say "we know that guy" and we get massive nerd cred.

Do it for us
    can't disagree with this!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

The Guinness website (you have to have an account to see it) has updated, with an actual record holder now being noted for largest Transformers memorabilia collection of .... 1000 items. (no name noted, just the number, but it means someone out there is now officially the Guinness Record holder, and will always be able to boast that they were the first Record holder)

And they are still reviewing an application that has 2,111 items.
    My application is now four weeks old, and it noted that it could be up to 15 weeks until they start the official review... IF the application meets certain criteria. (which is why the 2,111 application is still their current highest being reviewed - my figure wouldn't be noted until after the 12-15 week processing period is up.

So by around the middle of April I will know if they will start reviewing my claim for the title, or if they have rejected it.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The Guinness website (you have to have an account to see it) has updated, with an actual record holder now being noted for largest Transformers memorabilia collection of .... 1000 items. (no name noted, just the number, but it means someone out there is now officially the Guinness Record holder, and will always be able to boast that they were the first Record holder)
    Is there a link for this? I can't find it on their site.

And they are still reviewing an application that has 2,111 items.
    My application is now four weeks old, and it noted that it could be up to 15 weeks until they start the official review... IF the application meets certain criteria. (which is why the 2,111 application is still their current highest being reviewed - my figure wouldn't be noted until after the 12-15 week processing period is up.

So by around the middle of April I will know if they will start reviewing my claim for the title, or if they have rejected it.
    So you're going ahead, that's awesome! I guess I'll retract my application now

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post

Get it out of storage first hey.
    Well, yes.

but I know for a fact that Griffins Collection is at least 3 times, probably more, bigger than my collection.

Glad to hear you've submitted.

What grounds do they have for rejection?

Also, did you have to submit a collection count and does it need to match their count, or do they keep counting till everything is done, say you add more pieces in the mean time or miscounted?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I guess I'll retract my application now
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Glad to hear you've submitted.

What grounds do they have for rejection?

Also, did you have to submit a collection count and does it need to match their count, or do they keep counting till everything is done, say you add more pieces in the mean time or miscounted?

Grounds for rejection could be anything, as there are a lot of conditions.
    The count I submitted was approximate because the record title is "memorabilia" not "toys", which was why those previous two claimants were noting their comics, etc.
    They certainly have a good business model, even if they don't sell any books, as they offer express evaluations for a hefty fee... and the fees are huge.
    It can take up to 30 weeks to get a Guinness Record for free (13-15 weeks for the application to be processed, and 13-15 weeks for it to be evaluated/verified), but if you want all that done in about one week, it costs about US$1400 (about AU$2,000).
    And if you want to create a new record title, you have to pay for that too, and none of the fees are refundable if they are rejected.
    Plus, all of those public events that involve Guinness participation, cost a couple grand as well to have them officially attend and judge a record attempt.
    So it will take about 6 months for me to do it for free (that's about July if I'm successful)... as I don't see a need to pay out 2 grand just to be able to boast about it a little earlier.

Interesting.

Do they still send someone out to verify the collection if you go the free rout?

I would have thought they'd need to do that for everything.

I'm now thinking what new record I could make up that would legitimately hold... for a week :P