Released here – ???
    Approximate Retail Price - ???
    Approximate Size - 25cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode – Car/tank/jet/wolf/submarine
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Titan Master, six changer
    Main Colours – White, aqua, red, gray
    Main Accessories – Guns, Titan Master

The last, and biggest, figure in the Chaos on Velocitron set. As with Laser Prime, this is my first experience with this mould. The original mould, Sixshot, is well summarised in a previous thread (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...hlight=sixshot). The only alterations here are a new face on the Titan Master figure and a new paint job. Although the picture on the back of the box shows a new helmet, the figure itself has the same helmet as Sixshot. The problem with this is that when you put the Titan Master in and close the helmet, the front of the helmet covers the eyes on the Titan Master. This can be prevented by leaving the helmet cocked open, but it doesn’t look that good, especially from the side. I don’t know if this is an issue with Sixshot, or a result of the new Titan Master face. The colours are a fairly good match for his G1 look, but they don't seem to suit the figure as well as Sixshot's do.

Submarine? No, never heard of it.

While the Laser Prime mould that I expected to be my least favourite figure in this set managed to impress me, this figure did not. It is a great mould, no doubt about it, but it is a great Sixshot. I know it’s unrealistic to expect a new mould with 5 different modes, but a little retooling would have gone a long way. Even a little work on the chest would have helped. You can differentiate the bot modes by rearranging wings and fins, but you have fewer options for the remaining five modes. They try to do as much as they can with the new colours but it falls short. If you were a massive Quickswitch fan (I assume such people are out there…) I think you would be quite disappointed. In my Nautica review I said if this was only Nautica ever made I would be happy. I can’t say the same for Quickswitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeRenko View Post
    If you were a massive Quickswitch fan (I assume such people are out there…) I think you would be quite disappointed.
    LOL!!

I've never been a fan of Quickswitch. The only reason that I own the G1 toy is because someone gave it to me for free. Easy pass.

Love the repaint and that's because the color scheme is reminiscent of Perceptor whom I will always rate very highly.

Quickswitch was always butt ugly. The funny thing is that he is one of my childhood Transformers as I got him for my birthday. Even funnier is that I actually asked for Sixshot and distinctly remember being disappponted unwrapping my present and finding Quickswitch instead

I only noticed now that they ditched the helmet change. Agree completely that a little retool here and there would go a long way. I really wished they could retool the wolf into a rhino head.

And no with Sixshot there's no problem with the helmet blocking the eyes.

I do have a soft spot for Quickswitch as I had a KO back when I was a kid, and this mold as Sixshot is fantastic. But don't think therers enough change here on Quickswitch for me to double dip on this mold.

I picked up the Dr Wu Sixshot upgrade set for the figure I've got on order, and the helmet in that set works much better with Quickswitch's face than his actual helment. There might be some hope that DR Wu will do a similar set for Quickswitch with a retooled helmet, but the fact that we need a 3P manufacturer to address this problem is telling.

It's a shame that Hasbro didn't bother doing any retooling of this mould. I get that Sixshot needs to be redecoed as something and there's pretty much no other choice, but as you said, a retooled helmet and beast mode head would've gone a long way. They should've gang-moulded Sixshot with variant parts of Quickswitch (which they could then repaint directly as Sixknight) and Greatshot. We know that Hasbro are more than happy to release obscure Japanese G1 characters as evidenced by Black Shadow.

It'd be interesting to see if TakaraTOMY would bother to do any retooling of this mould should they choose to release it as Sixknight or Greatshot for their market.

Like father like son, ey?

They could have achieved a look much closer to G1 Quickswitch by going with the head retool and retooling the animal head, but also giving him the oversized red 'wing guns', and actually removing the standard Sixshot wings altogether. There's lots of places the wing guns could then have plugged in to make fairly different looking altmodes.

Wow I've never been a real fan but that looks really well put together!