View Poll Results: US MP Rodimus - worth buying?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 69.39%
  • Only if (something)

5 10.20%
  • No

2 4.08%
  • Not interested

2 4.08%
  • Prefer/Already have JP version

6 12.24%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - (Hasbro) MP Rodimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Despite these minor quibbles, I say get one. Even if you have Rodimus Convoy, you can now have Rodimus Prime and Hot Rod standing next to each other, in a time destroying pose!

Or like the Commodore 64 game...
    Or the 1986 boxart. Until the Movie came out that Christmas, I assumed they were brothers.

I want interested in the MP Rodimus Convoy one but was kindly given one so I'm thankful for that, but yeah, it's not what I expected for an MP toy. So one version for me will be enough. Though it's good that TRU imported and is selling the toy locally when no other shops did.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Gok and I have discovered why the Hasbro version holds the gun better. It's not the hands fault, it's the guns. The plugs on the guns are not as long on Takara version. So that has been fixed up on the Hasbro version at least. Gok has photos to post of that.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I got my Rodimus on Tuesday, I haven't transformed him yet but I'm wondering where those extra stickers go??

I haven't had the time to play around with it much but the first thing I did was switch his face to the Hot Rod face rather than the Rodimus face because I'm just pretending he's Hot Rod, not Rodimus.

One of his leg panels seems to be a tad loose but I don't really care, he looks awesome.

very nice paint scheme

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked already, but I got my Rodimus on Tuesday, I haven't transformed him yet but I'm wondering where those extra stickers go??

I haven't had the time to play around with it much but the first thing I did was switch his face to the Hot Rod face rather than the Rodimus face because I'm just pretending he's Hot Rod, not Rodimus.

One of his leg panels seems to be a tad loose but I don't really care, he looks awesome.
    The stripey ones are for his Bicep area, but they stick out quite a bit in robot mode. The Autobot/Decepticon ones? Your guess is as good as mine...

Have a look at them thar shoulders

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    The stripey ones are for his Bicep area, but they stick out quite a bit in robot mode. The Autobot/Decepticon ones? Your guess is as good as mine...

Have a look at them thar shoulders
    Thanks for answering my question, now I just need to decide if I want to stick them on or not. Decisions, decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    Thanks for answering my question, now I just need to decide if I want to stick them on or not. Decisions, decisions.
    You're welcome. Just be aware the vehicle mode doesn't hide the shoulder stickers like it does on the G1 version.

I am thinking of taking them off mine, as I don't like them in vehicle mode. They look OK in robot mode though, but I dont think Rodimus has them. Hmm, but thats fine for me I guess as I ahve the Jap one as Prime and this guy as Hot Rod.

I am pretending mine is Hot Rod rather than Rodimus, so I might leave them off. Thanks for the advice.

I picked up one of these yesterday from TRU. It was on sale for $60 and I am very happy with paying that price, especially considering I only wanted Offshoot.

This was my first Transformers purchase since Classics Wheeljack and Thundercracker over a year ago. I thought I was done with Transformers but Masterpiece Soundwave has reignited my passion for this property.

I decided to open it last night after work and I felt like a first time transformer..ah...er? I was honestly struggling to get it in to car mode. Firstly, getting the leg panels in place didn't seem to make sense at first a I didn't think that s the correct transformation and I certainly didn't want to break the tabs.

Then there were the issues with getting the arms in correctly. I initially gave up and put Hot Rod aside but my OCD wouldn't let me leave it alone so I kept trying until I got it.

Overall, I am pretty happy with it, especially the cost. Now I will wait anxiously for Optimus Prime and my MP Sideswipe