View Poll Results: Transformers Prime Legion Vehicon - worth buying?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 50.00%
  • Only if on sale

3 21.43%
  • Only if (something else)...

0 0%
  • No

1 7.14%
  • Not interested

3 21.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Transformers Prime Cyberverse Legion Vehicon

Default Toy Review - Transformers Prime Cyberverse Legion Vehicon

Toy Review - Vehicon
    Series - Transformers Prime
    Sub-line - Cyberverse
    Size/class - Legion
    Wave - 1 (Regular series)
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - March 2012
    Approximate Retail Price - $10 RRP, $5.60 sale price
    Approximate Size - 7cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - The Batmobile
    Main Features/Gimmicks - None
    Main Colours - Deep purple with silver, grey and pink highlights
    Main Accessories - Snap-On Blaster

Stock photo
    Gallery

Comparison pic w/ Deluxe First Edition Vehicon

-------------------------

A nice solid little Legion Class figure. The toy features a very dark purple. The transformation is more complex/interesting than I thought it would be. Main criticism of this toy - What's with the greys?? Looks awful on the legs and just downright weird on the wheels. Did they run out of purple???

Like other TF Prime Legion figures, Vehicon comes with a "snap on blaster" which is a really soft rubbery transparent lavender gun... with a sword stuck on the right side. Of course, the blade is too short for it to work as a bayonet... the weapon can also be held as a melee weapon... not sure how it'd work exactly...

There's a purple Decepticon logo tampographed on the silver part of the chest. So Hasbro were able to put a tiny little Decepticon logo on a Legion Class Vehicon, but nothing on Deluxe Class PRiDE Soundwave?

Recommended.

An okay legion class figure with a simple transformation (with bonus extra steps to "hide" the head). Just like all the legion class, the weapons are a worthless add-on.

Only worth picking up on sale.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

I picked this guy up as a follow up at the same time as Arcee and Cliffjumper. compared to the other two it's a bit of a let down.

the heaad reveal is neat, but the feet aren't even vaguely hidden in vehicle mode.
    I don't mind the grey legs, it breaks up the toy a little, it helps to visually define the legs away from the car shell.

Fine for a older legend but compared to the complexity of cliffjumper it's a bit dull.

Great price point for building a vehicon army though, if that's your thing.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Decepticon Guest

I got this today and I actually quite like the car and the robot mode. The transformation is patheticlly simple (I could tell it would be before I even opened it). The purple gun is crap. I like the grey wheels. For $5.60 it was an o.k buy.

Only going to collect the Decepticon legions/commanders so this is my first taste of the Prime small fries for me. I love him to bits, he's an evil little bugger with a big transparent purple, bayonet enhanced blaster of justice! What's better is his little legs can bend for extra quick knees to the goolies. He may be small but he is not to be messed with!

I've got 3 so far, off to find more tomorrow hopefully...at least 6 would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    I've got 3 so far, off to find more tomorrow hopefully...at least 6 would be nice.
    I'm after 5 and grabbing everyone I've come across in the Illawarra I have 4. How many are they packing per case?

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    I'm after 5 and grabbing everyone I've come across in the Illawarra I have 4. How many are they packing per case?

3 Bumblebee, 2 Cliffjumper, 1 Ratchet, 1 Arcee, 1 Vehicon IIRC.

Grabbed another 2 from Devonport Kmart today, and there's one more in Launceston Toyworld on the pegs but TO HELL with paying $9 (!!!!) for a legends figure.

It's not a fantastic figure by any stretch, and like all of the Cyberverse figures needs a bit of added paint and detailing. The guns will all be trimmed down to something more palatable too, and painted a colour other than lolly purple.