Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324252627283343 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

darockk is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Just talked to an absolute legend at the ACT Firearms registry. He is going to find the legislation and send me the details of what to do when ordering Megatron. I will post it once I have the details for all other ACT members to use as well.

Man it really heaps when the Officer on the other end of the call is a Transformer collector.
    In the ACT is not possible to legally possess a prohibited weapon. This is the reason why i do not own any MP5 or G1 megatron.

Let's hope MP-36 will not be classed as a prohibited weapon

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    When I was talking with the Constable from the ACT Firearms registry he did mention that the legislation has changed in ACT/NSW that Megatron is now considered as a toy, and you only need to fill out the B709A form.
    that kinda doesn't make sense too as if there is a legislation change and it is only considered as a toy and not imitation firearm etc, then no import permit should be required at all .

hopefully we'll all have clearer info once Griffin had a chance to sync with all the relevant depts.

Got this message today
    Please be advised that the $188.20 is for 3 years and every 3 years you will be required to renew you CCP Approval.
    Sounds like I'll have to pay that amount every 3 years if I get MP36

Also they said MP36 is still going to be classified as a prohibited weapon

Quote Originally Posted by darockk View Post
    In the ACT is not possible to legally possess a prohibited weapon. This is the reason why i do not own any MP5 or G1 megatron.

Let's hope MP-36 will not be classed as a prohibited weapon
    Like I said, the legislation has change which classifies Megatron (MP or G1) as a toy... so it is legal to own them in ACT.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Seems like Victorians are SOL. According to this document owners will have to apply for an Imitation Firearm license which will cost $188.
    http://www.police.vic.gov.au/retriev...&status=active

I havent heard back from them yet but im willing to bet they'll rule against MP36 not being mistaken for a real gun.

If ordered via PC it shouldn't be too much of an issue though, right? I mean, it's not like domestic post is checked at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    If ordered via PC it shouldn't be too much of an issue though, right? I mean, it's not like domestic post is checked at all.
    I was wondering if pc will have some sort clause on this figure stating that they aren't responsible if you lose your figure during transport?
    i.e Aus post/ customs pick it up and you don't have the required permit and it's confiscated.

Quote Originally Posted by bakakun View Post
    Got this message today

Sounds like I'll have to pay that amount every 3 years if I get MP36

Also they said MP36 is still going to be classified as a prohibited weapon
    Is that the same permit/fee for an actual prohibited weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    I was wondering if pc will have some sort clause on this figure stating that they aren't responsible if you lose your figure during transport?
    i.e Aus post/ customs pick it up and you don't have the required permit and it's confiscated.
    Yeah considering the laws are different in each state, PC will probably put the responsibility on the buyer if it gets confiscated.

Whether or not it will be caught in domestic post is another issue.

According to the PDF file on the Victorian Police website you'll need a license whether its a replica or imitation firearm. You wont need a license if they rule MP36 as a toy firearm or in other words it cannot be mistaken for a real firearm.