View Poll Results: Battle Command Prime - worth getting?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah - this rocks!

2 18.18%
  • Only if cheap

2 18.18%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

3 27.27%
  • Burn in the inferno ya stinkin shellformer!

4 36.36%

Thread: LA01 Battle Command Optimus Prime

Default LA01 Battle Command Optimus Prime

Name - LA01 Battle Command Optimus Prime
    Series -Age of Extinction
    Sub-line - Lost Age
    Size/class - Ultra
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Released here - Nope
    Approximate Retail Price - $55
    Approximate Size – 25cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode – Car Carrier Truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Lights & Sounds, Trailer/Jetpack
    Main Colours –Red, Blue, Grey
    Main Accessories – 2 Swords, 1 BIG Sword, 2 Guns, 2 Rocket Launchers, Trailer/jetpack

Robot Mode
    Doesn’t look too bad, nicely detailed etc… until you look between his legs. Pretty much the entire nose of the truck is hanging off the back of his hips, showing his true shellformer nature . It’s a real shame and a real drawback to what is otherwise a cool figure. Luckily when you have his jetback attached it tends to draw the eye away from the glaring defect. Has voice sounds, though since it's Japanese it's just stern and incomprehensible to me . He has two swords, one HUGE sword, 2 rifles and 2 rocket launchers than can all be swapped from the jetpack to the hands so lots of different options for Op to be packing heat .

Truck Mode
    Very nice colours, very sleek – overall a very good representation of the truck from the movie. Red lights come through the windscreen and makes a start up and go engine noise as well as reversing noises. Looks good with or without the trailer.

Trailer/Jetpack
    Looks good in both modes and is used to store/display the myriad of weapons that Prime comes with. A big wingspan on the jetpack and in trailer mode can unfold it’s ramp to load up smaller AoE vehicles which adds a lot of play value. It has a battle station mode too which is not really much more than a slight variation to the jetpack mode and attached to the back of the truck. If one has the money, you can buy multiple trailers and hook them on one after the other.

Transformation
    A shellformer so pretty easy, I would feel confident in giving this to a 5 year old that they could work it out.

Overall
    A great assortment of weaponry, half-decent sound and lights, great looking alt-mode and a cool trailer/jetpack. I’d give this toy a massive thumbs up if it wasn’t for the awful truck nose hanging off the back of his hips and the too simplistic transformation – these two things really detract from the overall figure. Compared to other lines a bit shoddy but for an AoE toy he’s actually pretty cool and probably worth getting if you are a sucker for an Optimus with a trailer like I am .

Added - Sound Effects: By putting smaller figures on the back of his truck mode, robot modes shoulders and the truck/battlestation mode you get lots of different voice snippets, in fact a massive amount! The magnets in smaller figures feet bring forth different noises, this is achieved by the Autobot figures having magnets in their right foot and the Decepticons in their left foot. You also get different truck sounds by pressing the button on the cab roof and by unattaching the trailer. Goktimus has kindly put a full list of the sound effects translated from the Japanese below
    Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 4th September 2014 at 08:24 AM.

I already have 3 different versions of DotM Optimus Prime w/ trailers and Jetwings (not to mention both AoE Leader OPs), so I think I'll pass on this toy.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Has voice sounds, though since it's Japanese it's just stern and incomprehensible to me .
    According to this review, the voice lines are:
    > Switching on the toy's electronics:
    "Watashi wa Oputimasu Puraimu!" ("I am Optimus Prime!")
    > Pressing the button on the back of the head:
    "Diseputikonme, doko ni iru" ("Damn Decepticons, where are you?")
    "Dainobotto watashi ni tsuitekitekure!" ("Dinobots, come with me!")
    "Kimi no chikara o kashitekure" ("Lend me your strength")
    "Ikuzo! Banburubii!" ("Let's go, Bumblebee!")
    > Holding the button down:
    "Nakama totomoni tatakaou!" ("We fight alongside our allies!")
    > Vibrating/shaking the toy:
    "Kurae!" ("Eat this!")
    ...and various grunts and battle sounds (e.g. crashing).

> Placing an Autobot toy on the Battle Deck:
    "Ootobotto! Toransufoomu!" ("Autobots! Transform!")
    "Watashi ni iikangae ga aru" ("This gives me a good idea")
    "Ou! Yoku kitekureta!" ("Oh! So you've come at last!")
    "Ushirokara engoshitekure!" ("Cover my rear.")
    * Pressing the button while loaded:
    "Futaride chikara o awasete kougekisuruzo!" ("Let us attack with our combined might!")
    * Holding down the button:
    "Ootobotto! Dainobotto! Soukougekida!" ("Autobots! Dinobots! Full-scale attack!")

> Placing a Decepticon on the Battle Deck:
    "Tatakaiga owatta toki, dochiraga taore dochiraga nokoru!" ("When this fight is over, one shall stand, one shall fall")
    "Kono hoshi o odokasu aite ni yousha wa shinai!" ("I will not forgive those who threaten this planet.")
    "Onore Diseputikon" ("You damn Decepticon!")
    "Ku... Kanzenni houisareteshimattaka..." ("Hhnnn... we're completely surrounded.")
    * Pressing the button when loaded:
    "Watashi to tatakae!" ("Fight me!")
    * Holding down the button:
    "Doke! Jamada!" ("Move! Out of the way!")

> Vehicle mode sounds:
    * Holding down the button when an Autobot is riding Optimus Prime:
    "Ootobotto toransufoomu!" ("Autobots transform!"), followed by transforming sound
    * Holding down the button when a Decepticon is riding Optimus Prime:
    "Oriro!" ("Get off!")

This review has embedded videos demonstrating the sound gimmick.

Apparently all the huge amount of different speech noises are illicited from the different magnets found in the smaller AoE figures. Naturally I have none, only having bought deluxe or bigger . Sounds like I have a reason to drop by Target tonight and pick up that small Lockdown I've been trying to justify purchasing to myself