Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Transformers VS. GI Joe (IDW)

I guess no matter how poorly the individual issues sell, we are likely to see a TPB in December... and... it is noted as Volume 1, so this comic series is indeed meant to be "ongoing", not a mini-series.

I'm thinking that when John Barber of IDW mentioned in an interview somewhere recently, that the writer of this comic had put together two years worth of story when just asked to submit a plot idea... it wasn't hyperbole. (an exaggerated figure of speech)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I guess no matter how poorly the individual issues sell, we are likely to see a TPB in December... and... it is noted as Volume 1, so this comic series is indeed meant to be "ongoing", not a mini-series.

I'm thinking that when John Barber of IDW mentioned in an interview somewhere recently, that the writer of this comic had put together two years worth of story when just asked to submit a plot idea... it wasn't hyperbole. (an exaggerated figure of speech)
    yea but every trade they release that's not part of an existing series of trades is numbered number one. If it doesn't do well it will not last. plain and simple.
    hopefully RID and MTMTE maintain the numbers, I'm really enjoying both, but I'm a cheapskate so only buy the trades. I wonder what the numbers are like on the trades for these series vs the single issues.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I cancelled my subscription to this series on Sunday. No regrets (other than the money I've already wasted on #1 )

The preview for issue 2 is the best I've seen of the book. Maybe because it's focused on the Transformers rather than the Joes.

I still get the feel of "making fun of GIJoe and Transformers" though and don't want to buy it, but it was better.

Gah, #2 already shipped into my comic store before I made the cancellation, so it ended up still creeping into my standing order! I agree that it was better than #1, but uhm... that ain't hard. I remain unconvinced to re-subscribe.

The numbers are in, and issue 2 also did pretty well. But like issue 1, this one had "returnability", which allows for return of unsold issues, which distorts the actual demand as comic shops would be more likely take on extra issues without risk, just in case.

My Little Pony is still their strongest selling comic, with two titles taking their two top spots, selling 39,000 copies between them.

15,472 - #2 GIJoe Vs Transformers
    10,472 - #1 Primacy
    -9,857 - #32 MTMTE
    -9,762 - #32 RID

That's a pretty good turn around for RID, as it was about 1,300 below MTMTE last month... but despite picking up 1000 units on last month, it only closed in on MTMTE because that series lost about 300 units.
    Primacy just got in above the two ongoings, but I don't think that's a good number to start on.
    Still doing better than the GIJoe ongoing, which was surprising to see only did about 6,500 copies.

For some reason, #1 GIJoe Vs Transformers was on this month as well at 5,600 copies. I wonder if that was the actual figure after returns last month, or extra copies they sold this month.

this is the worst comic book i have ever read..

do we know if these figures include digital purchases or are these just physical books sold, and i wonder of those 6,500 copies sold are collectors that get all 3 covers of the book?
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I really like how exploitative this book is and how it straddles the "Don't care" and "Care too much" line. It's like reading (close to) the dumbest yet most consistent fanfiction ever. Like, I dunno, all it needs is for Tom Scioli to start projecting his sexual insecurities on it and then you've got the natural successor to Sonichu (NSFW)

The numbers are in, and issue 2 also did pretty well. But like issue 1, this one had "returnability", which allows for return of unsold issues, which distorts the actual demand as comic shops would be more likely take on extra issues without risk, just in case.

My Little Pony is still their strongest selling comic, with two titles taking their two top spots, selling 39,000 copies between them.

15,472 - #2 GIJoe Vs Transformers
    10,472 - #1 Primacy
    -9,857 - #32 MTMTE
    -9,762 - #32 RID
    Checking on the stats for last month with Issue 5 of GIJoe/TFs being released, and now that they are not returnable by the stores, the number has dropped down to the regular Transformers level of about 10,000 units (10,590 to be exact)... but that is still very high for a "visually-unusual" comic that has been plagued with delays, to the point of being two months behind now. It is still outselling the other Transformers comics.

Not sure what happened to My Little Pony, which was their biggest selling title last year. Maybe they lost the license?

Aside from a one-off title hitting first place for IDW (because of half a million copies going to Loot Crate - which they probably didn't make any money from), the TMNT was their number one regular series comic in March, sitting at 14,551 copies.

To compare with their other Transformers comics last month...
    GIJoe/TFs #5 - 10,590
    MTMTE #37 - 9,138
    Drift #4 - 7,033 (ouch... poor Drift continues to get no love, and yet IDW keep featuring him - maybe they thought the Movie Drift or RID Drift, or even the upcoming Kreo Drift would be in people's minds to sell it)

Not sure what happened to My Little Pony, which was their biggest selling title last year. Maybe they lost the license?
    No, still going, all the latest TF comics I purchased have adds for MLP comics. There was a month delay on the February issue of their ongoing comic and they put out two issues out in March (according to their wiki).