Page 95 of 168 FirstFirst ... 758590919293949596979899100105115 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3rd party acquisitions thread!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Not a new purchase but I have finally had time to build Quantron. He is great (although time consuming to transform). I cannot wait for Guardia.
    That's so good! Since I moved to Brissy, I haven't the room to display transformers anymore

Have you had any issues Ken?

I had a few issues with Sonic Drill but after some fiddling I figured it out. A few of the joints were very tight, especially the sliding ones but I assume they will loosen up. Considering I was doing it bit by bit late at night after everything else was done at home it was probably not as hard as my sleep-deprived brain was making it.
    He is huge, I like it. Now to get my hands on the rest of Feral Rex.
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    I had a few issues with Sonic Drill but after some fiddling I figured it out. A few of the joints were very tight, especially the sliding ones but I assume they will loosen up. Considering I was doing it bit by bit late at night after everything else was done at home it was probably not as hard as my sleep-deprived brain was making it.
    He is huge, I like it. Now to get my hands on the rest of Feral Rex.
    I left a reply in that thread you started, was hoping you read it and understood what the heck I'm talking about . LOL
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I left a reply in that thread you started, was hoping you read it and understood what the heck I'm talking about . LOL
    Yes thanks mate, you help pointed me in the right direction. Cheers.
    Spiderken Away!

completed my feral rex!

and picked up a scoria 3 or so weeks ago

Grabbed the Iron Factory Turrets and Manacle set. I don't really like the alt-modes of Generations Metroplex enough to pick him up (that and he's just too big for a Japanese apartment), but it always sort of ticked me off that G1/Encore Metroplex couldn't have a complete city mode without losing two of his support team.
    I sort of wish they were a both a bit smaller (about PE mini-bot size would do nicely), but they look pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Grabbed the Iron Factory Turrets and Manacle set. I don't really like the alt-modes of Generations Metroplex enough to pick him up (that and he's just too big for a Japanese apartment), but it always sort of ticked me off that G1/Encore Metroplex couldn't have a complete city mode without losing two of his support team.
    I sort of wish they were a both a bit smaller (about PE mini-bot size would do nicely), but they look pretty fun.
    What are your thoughts around this set? Plastic comparison with other third party makers, joint quality, level of detail?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Haven't had time to open-and-enjoy them yet, will post up thoughts when I do.
    Initial in-box impressions seem promising - posability seems at least on par with the recent Generations legends, detailing is rather good without being too busy, they both just ooze character/personality, and they look to be pretty versatile as far as accessories and playability go. Apparently they also work with the other 3P not-Sixgun offerings, so that's kind of cool.
    The best way I can put it is that they seem very reminiscent of the kinds of minibots that Perfect Effect used to do, only upsized.

I paid a mite too much for them IMO (~$80 for the set), but that's Japanese specialty shop prices for you and I'm quite a fan of G1 Metroplex so I think it'll be worth it in the long run.

This arrived last week thanks to Our member Sil.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Terminus Hexatron continuim arrived today ! from tfidu

this thing is quality all the way. the packaging is freaking sweet
    Last edited by CoRDS; 20th December 2014 at 05:45 PM.