Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Complete Transformers toy Battery list

After just receiving it yesterday, I've added another toy that was released last year that has batteries (which I didn't remember when looking at the list of items released last year).

HK MP-5G Megatron Gold Version - 2xLR44 I

This is the list of Transformers toys released in 2015 by Hasbro and TakaraTomy that have Electronics that require Batteries (both included, and not included, in the packaging).

After being a little early last year with the annual update, I'm a little late this year.
    I actually had this list written up a month ago, but there hasn't been spare time for me during a quiet time on the board for me to type it up before now... even though it is just a tiny list this year.

Yes, as you'll see below, compared to recent years, the number of electronic Transformers toys last year is at its smallest, with just 10 toys, and only 6 of them sold with Batteries in them (the ones for you to remove if you are about to store them away or have them sit on a display shelf for the next few years).

These are to be added to the main listing at the start of this topic, which has a link to the reason why this listing was started (batteries leaking in my toys).

NOTE - as mentioned in the first posting, if you are keeping your toys sealed for investment reasons, DON'T open them to remove batteries. The value is in the sealed packaging, not the condition of the toy, because it is never to be removed to be played with.

LEGEND:
    I = Batteries ARE Included in packaging
    NI = Batteries are NOT Included in packaging
    AA, AAA, C, D = Common Battery sizes
    LR44 = "regular" Button Cells used in Transformers toys are referred to as LR44 (image at link) but can also be known as A76 or L1154.
    LR41 = Tiny Button Cells

Hasbro Robots In Disguise 2015
    Super 3-step Bumblebee - 1xAA - I
    Titan Electronic Bumblebee - 2xAAA - I
    Titan Electronic Optimus Prime - 2xAAA - I
    Stomp & Chomp Grimlock - 2xAAA - I

Hasbro Platinum Edition
    Trypticon (and JP release) - 2xC & 1xAA - NI
    YOTG Optimus Prime - 2xLR44 - I

Exclusive HK
    APS01U Optimus Prime Ultimate Edition - 2xAA - NI?

JP TakaraTomy
    TAV21 Optimus Prime - 2xAAA - NI
    TAV30 Battle Grimlock - (electronics removed)
    TAV33 Optimus Prime Supreme Mode - 2AAA - NI
    -
    TF2 Nightmare Megatron (Leader) - 2xAA - I?

There are two unknowns in that list because I didn't get them, or see enough about them to know if they had their batteries included in the packaging.
    I have also updated one old item (original series Trypticon), which I only realised after researching what batteries were in the 2015 Platinum Edition version. (I didn't have the AA battery included for Brunt/tank, and Gigastorm didn't have that accessory as a second chance for me to notice.)

Trypticon - 2xC & 1xAA - NI

I can confirm that APS-01U Optimus doesn't include its AA batteries.

Also, MP-29 Laserwave requires 2 AAAs and 2 LR44s, which aren't included.

Ok, anything released this year (2016) that I need to remove batteries from?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I can confirm that APS-01U Optimus doesn't include its AA batteries.

Also, MP-29 Laserwave requires 2 AAAs and 2 LR44s, which aren't included.
    Thanks, I'll include it in the next annual update....

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Ok, anything released this year (2016) that I need to remove batteries from?
    ... which should be in the next few weeks. (usually done at the end of the year)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    ... which should be in the next few weeks. (usually done at the end of the year)
    Ok, I know you're busy Griff and you're probably meaning to get to last years list, so in the meantime anyone know if MP Shockwave's and Primal's batteries are installed or not? Those are the only one's that comes to mind as purchase's last year.

This is the list of Transformers toys released in 2016 by Hasbro and TakaraTomy that have Electronics that require Batteries (both included, and not included, in the packaging).

Not as late as last year's update, but still later than I was planning... and later than it should be considering the number of battery toys are getting smaller each year - either due to cost factors, or because fewer postal companies are accepting mail with batteries in them, which could prevent their customers and Hasbro's own Toyshop website from being able to sell them online. And if they start having a lot of toys with electronics but stop including batteries on all of them, customers won't be able to try out the gimmicks, or want to buy too many toys that require them to spend more money on batteries as well.

Last year I was amazed at there just being 10 different toys on the list with electronics... this year there were even less with only 8, with one being an old mould, and most of them have Japanese versions that pads out the list a little bit.

These are to be added to the main listing at the start of this topic, which has a link to the reason why this listing was started (batteries leaking in my toys).

NOTE - as mentioned in the first posting, if you are keeping your toys sealed for investment reasons, DON'T open them to remove batteries. The value is in the sealed packaging, not the condition of the toy, because it is never to be removed to be played with.

LEGEND:
    LR44 = "regular" Button Cells used in Transformers toys are referred to as LR44 (image at link) but can also be known as A76 or L1154.
    LR41 = Tiny Button Cells

Hasbro Generations / TakaraTomy Legends
    Generations Titan Fortress Maximus (regular) - 2xAAA - NI
    Generations Titan Fortress Maximus (SDCC) - 2xAAA - NI
    Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus (JP) - 2xAAA - NI

Hasbro Robots In Disguise / TakaraTomy Adventure
    RID Power Heroes Bumblebee - 1xAA - I
    Adventure TAV-51 Hyper Surge Bumblebee - 1xAA - I?
    -
    RID Power Heroes Sideswipe - 1xAA - I
    Adventure TAV-53 Hyper Surge Sideswipe - 1xAA - I?
    -
    RID Power Heroes Starscream (TRU) - 1xAA - I
    Adventure TAV-57 Hyper Surge Starscream - 1xAA - I?
    -
    RID Power Surge Optimus Prime - 1xAA - I
    Adventure TAV-50 Hyper Surge Optimus Prime - 1xAA - I?
    Adventure TAV-61 God Optimus Prime - 1xAA - I?

Hasbro Platinum Edition
    Unicron (Movie 30th anniversary redeco) - 2xLR44/A76 I + 2xLR44/A76 I

TakaraTomy Masterpiece
    MP-29 Laserwave/Shockwave - 2xAAA & 2xLR44/A76 - NI
    MP-32 Beast Convoy - 2xLR44/A76 - NI

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Ok, I know you're busy Griff and you're probably meaning to get to last years list, so in the meantime anyone know if MP Shockwave's and Primal's batteries are installed or not? Those are the only one's that comes to mind as purchase's last year.
    Neither come with batteries installed.

(I didn't even realise Primal had batteries until you asked... I would have missed it on the list otherwise.)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Finally, the fan-resource that many have asked for in the past, and one that every fan has been waiting for.

A complete listing of all the Transformers toys that have Electronics, and noting which ones were sold with Batteries already included. ALSO, included are any later version of a figure that had the electronics GUTTED, so you don't have to worry about digging out their batteries.

I did some searching and couldn't find this sort of list anywhere else, so is likely to be another Ozformers exclusive resource available to all fans.
    At least, I hope it is useful, as I've been working on it for quite a while now.

GO TO THIS TOPIC to show why Batteries need to be removed, plus some further info & photo examples.

NOTE - this topic is being left open, so that others can post up details that I haven't added yet. I am slowly going through all of my collection and removing batteries, so haven't added all specific battery/cell details yet. The first step was making up the list by looking over my own toys, so please add any figures I have missed, because I may not have them to know for sure.
    (anything with a ??? means I have not yet confirmed that detail, so am hoping others can help)

Since there are so many toys on this list, I have broken it up into sections within this topic, in a rough chronological order.

LEGEND:
    LR44 = Button Cells used in Transformers toys are referred to as LR44 (image at link) but can also be known as A76 or L1154.
    LR41 = Tiny Button Cells

EACH YEAR - I will aim to post up an annual listing at around the start of February, to include all of the toys from the previous years that had electronics, and which of those have batteries included.
    When you say I, does that mean in the packet or in the toy ?

Quote Originally Posted by nsm034 View Post
    When you say I, does that mean in the packet or in the toy ?
    Installed in the toy.