Thread: Looking for Toy Museum as Beneficiary for Transformer collection.

Sidomus Prime Guest

Red face Looking for Toy Museum as Beneficiary for Transformer collection.

Hi.

I am new to this forum, so please excuse me if I have posted this incorrectly.

I have a question which I'm not sure has been asked before (at least I couldn't find a related thread) and I'm not sure if anyone else has thought about it.

Like many of you out there, I have a largish Transformer collection (500 +) that takes up an entire room.
    A lot of G1, Microman GunRobo, Masterpeice, Cybertron, Alternators, Alternity, Godaikin, Gobots, Universe, plus others.
    i really need to do a stocktake.

I am currently doing up my will and I have been asked to name a beneficiary of this collection due to its value.

I thought about family members but they all think the collection is ridiculous and would just sell it for half its value.

I would rather see it go to a museum of some sort where it could be displayed for other enthusiasts for years to come.

Does anyone know any such Toy Museum in Australia that would appreciate and look after such a collection. I would prefer somewhere in Brisbane, but I'm open to suggestions.

Keep in mind that I'm not terminally ill and i expect to live on for many more years, so i would prefer a long standing museum that will be around for a while.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Add them to bossbot griffin's collection/museum? But seriously, I don't know of any here in Oz.

The Sydney Powerhouse Museum is the only 'official' museum that I know of that has ever had any Transformers on display. This was a themed display though - toys of the 80's IIRC, and not their usual setup.

If I were in a similar situation to you, I would probably consider somehow selling it off through an online community such as this one to ensure they end up in the hands of enthusiasts.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

The powerhouse museum would have been my first suggestion as well. though it would probably be a display that was not always on show. I think the stats on their displayed artefacts are about 15 to 20% of their entire catalogue of items.

you could ask them if they would be open to something like that.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

There used to be a toy museum in the Blue Mountains (NSW) I remember visiting once or twice. Lots of model trains but also a variety of other stuff. Is that still around?

They may be worth posing the question to.

Yes, it's still there maybe since the signs are still on the road. I didn't drop by though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    There used to be a toy museum in the Blue Mountains (NSW) I remember visiting once or twice. Lots of model trains but also a variety of other stuff. Is that still around?

They may be worth posing the question to.
    To answer your question, Yes. Last time I was there was 3 years ago, which was also the last time I was up in the Blue Mountains.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures