• Combiner Wars

7 31.82%
  • Neither

0 0%
  • Both

13 59.09%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Titans Return vs Combiner Wars

I wouldn't be surprised if Titans Returns toys turn out to be better than Combiner Wars, but that isn't necessarily a criticism against Combiner Wars per se, as CW came first. If TR toys are better, then it shows that HasTak are looking at what they achieved with CW and thought about ways to improve, which is great. But it doesn't mean that their previous work was bad per se.

It shows that HasTak designers and engineers are taking pride in their work and trying to do better in their future endeavours. Unlike some other people.

I also quite like how Galvatron's Headmaster unit is a little Megatron.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Titans Returns toys turn out to be better than Combiner Wars, but that isn't necessarily a criticism against Combiner Wars per se, as CW came first. If TR toys are better, then it shows that HasTak are looking at what they achieved with CW and thought about ways to improve, which is great. But it doesn't mean that their previous work was bad per se.

It shows that HasTak designers and engineers are taking pride in their work and trying to do better in their future endeavours. Unlike some other people.

I also quite like how Galvatron's Headmaster unit is a little Megatron.
    They did vastly improve upon FOC Bruticus. Hopefully they've learnt just as much this time.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

In FoC Bruticus' defence...
    * It was a gestalt based on pre-existing game models rather than being developed as toys first. This will always place restrictions on designs.
    * FoC Bruticus' hands and feet are all self-contained, whereas CW gestalts have hands/feet as separate detachable accessories. Evidently trying to engineer each limb robot to have in-built hands and feet proved too much, but you can't blame them for trying.

But yeah, it's evident that HasTak are learning from their experiences.

Funnily, people wondered about non-combining characters now being combiners just like people are now wondering about non-headmasters now having that gimmick - I don't mind too much, as it doesn't seem to affect the figures negatively so far.

As for FOC Bruticus, I really liked the concept - something about each bot having a different shape hand/foot makes sense to me, making Bruticus rather asymmetrical as the sum of his parts. Unfortunately the execution was less than perfect - the limited budget for the FOC line took its toll here, and Onslaught should have been bigger...

That's actually a good point. I wanted those characters in CW not to be Combiners but because I wasn't collecting back when most of them came out (Universe 2 and Classics)
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Both.

as everyone says they bring various concepts and figures on the table anyways

Combiners mostly for CW but some other figures as well like Leader class Starscream - with a crown ... I'm hoping they don't scrimp on us and not issue out a Skywarp in the same mould... Thundercracker's already out earlier...
    We got Devastator from CW, Insecticons - though I'm still waiting for Kickback

as well as new characters as limb bots - recoloured but hey it's a new character - always welcome

For Titans Return

Looks like were getting everyone in Headmaster form and a slight change in concept , having vehicular or creature partnering - reminds me of Actionmasters but with the main figure able to transform ( into a head though ;P)

Plus I really like how the bigger "transtector" are triple changers!

Finally a bigger Galvatron - prefer leader class but hey, Voyager is better than runt deluxe earlier version...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Leader Class Skywarp has been confirmed for early next year, so you've got no worries there.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Leader Class Skywarp has been confirmed for early next year, so you've got no worries there.
    Sweet! At least they finally realized the trio is a must...Wonder if they'll come up with a Soundwave as well..
    If not Im quite content with the FOC Voyager one.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I'm actually using the WFC version as my Classics-verse Soundwave for now, but then I'm sticking with mostly deluxe class figures

I'm lukewarm on TR so far. I just feel like LG/Gen Brainstorm had a more modern Headmastery feel about how the gimmick worked. Also does everyone need to be a Headmaster? What about Targetmasters, Powermasters/God Masters or Brainmasters.

Hope we get a modern Cab, Goshoota and Minerva out of the line tho, much as I want all three of those characters the originals are painfully expensive.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.