Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Bumblebee Movie (2018) - release dates and details

The Movie opens in Japan next week, but they had a premiere screening during the week for the media, with guests on hand (director, producer, Japanese voice actors and the main girl on screen).

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That's becoming more of a thing.
    I'm guessing to try to combat piracy.
    I thought it would actually increase piracy, as those people who were more likely to buy a physical copy (for them, or more importantly, their kids), would now go find a digital copy if they can't wait the extra two weeks, and prefer not to pay for that digital copy if they intend to get a physical copy. And then later maybe decide not to buy the physical copy now that they have a (free) digital copy.

The blu-ray version of the Bumblebee movie in America comes with a "motion comic" (and printed copy it seems), that is said to follow on from the Movie (since the next movie is likely to ignore its existence, it will probably be contradicted or reduced to partial canon in a few years time).
    The story is called - Sector 7 Adventures : The Battle at Half Dome.

A three page preview can be seen here, with Bumblebee (in Camaro form) taking on Soundwave and three of his cassettes (two of which we've seen on screen... and the other has appeared in one of the early comics).

The digital version of the Bumblebee Movie is now out in America (I'm not sure if there is region issues with it, or if it can be bought globally). The itunes version looks to come with a bonus extra of a "Bee Vision" gallery of several Movie characters, with some basic images and details. Some screenshots and a link to promo video can be seen here.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The digital version of the Bumblebee Movie is now out in America (I'm not sure if there is region issues with it, or if it can be bought globally). The itunes version looks to come with a bonus extra of a "Bee Vision" gallery of several Movie characters, with some basic images and details. Some screenshots and a link to promo video can be seen here.
    So has anyone heard anything about stores offering extras if you preorder with them? Sanity did cards for TF5, Amazon did a statuette for TF4 etc. So far all I've heard is if you buy the 4k Blu Ray that you get a ton of bonus features on the disks.

More of the bonus features on the US release of the Bumblebee Movie (or some promo clips that relate to exclusive editions).

Deleted scene - Memo guesses that Bumblebee might be a Gobot (he was seen reading a Gobots comic in the released version of the Movie, which means that toyline is in this Transformers universe).
    Outtake or shortened scene? - Agent Burns wanting a door blown up, but has to wait for a bumbling explosives tech to untangle the wiring first.
    Deleted scene - Charlie and her brother washing Bumblebee, and then taking it for a drive.
    Shortened scene - the chase scene when Bumblebee first came to earth.
    Featurette - on Comic Book Resources website.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    So has anyone heard anything about stores offering extras if you preorder with them? Sanity did cards for TF5, Amazon did a statuette for TF4 etc. So far all I've heard is if you buy the 4k Blu Ray that you get a ton of bonus features on the disks.
    It doesn't look like it. It seems each TFs movie that gets released, we get less and less versions with bonus items. I ended up with several copies of the first movie because of the different bonus items or cases, but the last couple I've only ended up with one copy.
    I guess the drop in numbers of people buying physical copies is a factor, as it wouldn't be worth producing bonus items under a certain quantity.

One extra deleted scene is one that had been rumoured for quite some time, but now we get to see it - the home appliances (TV, dishwasher, washing machine) in Charlie's house coming alive... with some rough CG animation, as it was obviously cut during post-production.

(most of the scene is actually in the movie, but re-edited in post-production to remove any hint of the appliances)
    The exclusive release of the deleted scene can be seen here, while screen-grabs of the appliances can be seen here.

The Bumblebee Movie is finally out in Japan, and on youtube is a short 80 second animated intro to the movie... in cutesy chibi style.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I thought it would actually increase piracy, as those people who were more likely to buy a physical copy (for them, or more importantly, their kids), would now go find a digital copy if they can't wait the extra two weeks, and prefer not to pay for that digital copy if they intend to get a physical copy. And then later maybe decide not to buy the physical copy now that they have a (free) digital copy.
    Lol, I didn't say it was a good way to combat piracy, I just said I'm guessing that's why they're doing it, with the potentially misguided expectation of getting it out sooner to those who don't want or can't wait for the physical copy.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

(move some posts to the Australian news topic that was also running with the same info)

My friend found this statue promoting Bumblebee on her recent trip to Japan.