Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: BotBots officially revealed

My daughter will be getting her first ever TF for Xmas - the My Little Kitty crossover toy. I can see her getting a few of these figures in the future

The owner of TFW2005 got his promotional Botbots box as well, and has posted up a heap of photos of the toys and the contents of the box. (this is very similar to the Movie promo boxes, but I still wonder how many of these Hasbro did produced.)

I would buy this box if it was to be sold by Hasbro, and they should have a complete set option for those wanting all of them, as there would still be demand for the small sets by people just wanting certain figures, while the blind bags would still be good gifts for kids (they would never be a target by collectors who want all figures, as you'd could be buying thousands just to complete a set)

The Americans get all the good stuff...

Im already selling my daughter's shopkins and LPS stuff to save for this
    I hope Costco will have them as well like Shopkins and Hatchanimals in bulk to save a bit

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The owner of TFW2005 got his promotional Botbots box as well, and has posted up a heap of photos of the toys and the contents of the box. (this is very similar to the Movie promo boxes, but I still wonder how many of these Hasbro did produced.)

I would buy this box if it was to be sold by Hasbro, and they should have a complete set option for those wanting all of them, as there would still be demand for the small sets by people just wanting certain figures, while the blind bags would still be good gifts for kids (they would never be a target by collectors who want all figures, as you'd could be buying thousands just to complete a set)

The Americans get all the good stuff...
    Yup, I'd buy the fancy box with contents as well. Looks awesome.

I'd also love to get some kind of prints or posters of the various faction pictures they have been using as promotional. I think the artwork is fun

Some of my own photos, as the 5-packs I ordered from Amazon America last week, arrived.

I ordered 3 5-packs on Wednesday November 28th, and then another 11 on the next day... but oddly, the 11 5-packs arrived at my post office
    yesterday (only 4 business days), while the 3 that I ordered before them, are still some days away.
    (both were ordered with free Prime Member shipping, so should have been the same shipping method)

Of the 11 5-packs that I ordered (4 x Sugar team, 4 x Toilet team, 3 x Tech team - I know, that's not their accurate team names), I had four
    duplicate packs, because these were just random selections of each team.
    Of the remaining 7 packs (2 x Sugar, 3 x Toilet, 2 x Tech), there were 28 different Botbots toys (plus 7 duplicates)... which is a bit puzzling, and
    annoying - why have some of them packed into more than one pack? If you want certain figures, buy those packs... because if you want the
    entire set, you get stuck with several duplicates (not even a complete second set). And the "mystery" figures in the red bubble are not random...
    they are the same in each of the different 5-packs, because they have them included on the sheet of instructions for the visible four toys in the
    pack (in other words, every Sugar 5-pack that has the lollipop and sippy-cup, will have the plunger toy in the red bubble).
    And really annoyingly, two of the different 5-packs had the same "mystery" figure in the red bubble... so they aren't even hiding "rarer" figures.
    (I am one who hates the idea of having limited/rare figures as part of multi-packs or even blind bags, because you have to waste money buying
    multiple toys that you don't want or keep, just to track down the complete set.... so having the "mystery" figures be guaranteed to each 5-pack is a good thing, once they are publicly known.)
    So... I'm almost at halfway with the first series of Botbots (28 of 61) after my first purchase of them, but I'm already at 20% duplication (7 of the
    first 35 opened from packaging), and it will keep getting higher, as there is one more 5-pack left for me to collect (a Sugar team pack) and eight of
    the 8-packs... which will probably all need to be purchased to get the entire set (that's another 69 figures, just to get the remaining 33 - a total of 43 duplicates, or 38%).

The seven duplicates... so here they are in both modes.

The checklist on the back of all of the instructions sheets (different to the one that the promo boxes had in them, which listed their names instead of images).

Last edited by griffin; 6th December 2018 at 07:25 PM.

Can we have a photo of one in your hands and one next to a headbot from power of the primes?

What are your thoughts on bot forms? Do they translate good robot forms?
    Last edited by Autocon; 5th December 2018 at 11:19 PM.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Thanks for the pics.

It's a shame that the duplicates seem to cross contaminate to other team packs as well?

I'm still excited to collect them, however I can easily see a scenario where I fail to collect the complete set.

Without owning any yet, the pizza slice guy seems to be my favourite.

Thanks for all the images and collector sheets. The more I see these, the more I like them. Perfect little collectables. But I hate the mystery/blind pack system, sadly it’s the way they are all going.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Thanks for all the images and collector sheets. The more I see these, the more I like them. Perfect little collectables. But I hate the mystery/blind pack system, sadly it’s the way they are all going.
    Looking through the toy isles, everything is becoming a mystery surprise. Like loot boxes for children. Gone are the days where you actually know what you were purchasing.

From seibertron.com, codes for the individual blindboxed botbots

1 - Stinkasaurus Rex
    2 - Scrub-A-Dub
    3 - Nobeeoh
    4 - Cocoa Crazy
    5 - Sippy Slurps
    6 - Remorsel
    7 - Skillz Punk
    8 - Fomo
    9 - S.A. Cheez
    10 - S'up Dawg
    11 - Twerple Bubble