Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics 2.0/Universe Comments thread

How is Universe Sidewipe's red paint? is it uniform or different shades?

TheDirtyDigger Guest

It's pretty much uniform unlike Sunstreakers where the shades on roof and body are markedly different.

There is the slightest difference but it is practically unnoticable.

I was just about to buy the Henkei for this but the Universe in this instance is easily a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    It's pretty much uniform unlike Sunstreakers where the shades on roof and body are markedly different.

There is the slightest difference but it is practically unnoticable.

I was just about to buy the Henkei for this but the Universe in this instance is easily a good option.
    Excellent! Thanks.

I'm happy to stay with the Universe versions. I have the original G1s so if I really want them I will get them out. I am happy with the updated looks of Powerglide, Silverbolt, etc, because I see them as later/upgraded versions of the character, rather than the same character in the same place and time as G1.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by dirge
    spoiler, but I'll take with chromed shoulder cannons. It's not like G1 Prowl had a white spoiler, anyway!
    I thought that too at first until I started playing with the toy in car mode - made Prowl and Sunstreaker race each other - it seriously looks cool when you do it because the light reflected off the chrome spoilers leaves this light trail when you're dragging them along the carpet/floor at high speeds and makin' them drift etc. eheheheh. And yeah, as you said the spoiler colour is a moot point considering that G1 Prowl never had a spoiler in the first place. Sunstreaker's makes perfect since since the G1 toy did have a chrome spoiler. But yeah, there are many other cool features about Henkei Prowl that makes it superior to Universe Prowl IMO... like the chrome missiles & gun. On top of G1 accuracy, it just looks better!

Quote Originally Posted by jacksplatt11
    I really like USA Edition Onslaught's paint job.. I mean there is nothing wrong with the Universe version, but the shiny colours just make it that little bit better
    I agree... but the current state of the AUD against the JPY has made me change my mind about getting USA Ed Onslaught. Universe Onslaught is nice enough so I'll have to stick with that. :/ I'm focusing on getting Henkei versions where I think the Universe version is substantially inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger
    Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with Universe Sideswipe. The plastic just doesn't look or feel as cheap and nasty as his Universe twin.

Why didn't you just wait for Henkei Sunstreaker if Universe Sunstreaker's paints displeases you so? And I wouldn't blame you... I think Universe Sunstreaker's colours are awful. Everytime I see that thing in stores I feel so glad that I skipped it in favour of Henkei Sunstreaker. Universe Sunstreaker looks like a KO in comparison IMO.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

Why didn't you just wait for Henkei Sunstreaker if Universe Sunstreaker's paints displeases you so? And I wouldn't blame you... I think Universe Sunstreaker's colours are awful. Everytime I see that thing in stores I feel so glad that I skipped it in favour of Henkei Sunstreaker. Universe Sunstreaker looks like a KO in comparison IMO.
    I agree totally on the 'looks like a KO' thing. I didn't think it looked too bad in the package though but when you get it out the poor quality of the plastic overall is very noticeable and the gun is just plain pathetic. I display in bot mode so the two different shades of yellow are slightly less pronounced but still inexcusable.

As for why didn't I wait for a Henkei...I am impatient and impulsive. I see something new and I've bought it before I've even realised what I'm doing.
    I will replace this sometime soon with the Henkei version and the Hasbro one will become custom fodder so it wasn't a waste.

I think Universe Ironhide is a great toy. I love the transformation, easily the best of the Universe toys to date. It resonates the character well and the disappointment is really only limited to the alt mode. The robot mode is perfect. However, the toy is riddled with QC issues and only after a some shaving was I able to fix up his head as per the thread in Kup's Discussion area. Great poseability but regardless of mod or no mod, there's a problem w/ his crotch. It's big and doesn't connect but that's b/c if it did lock in to the top half, then you'd have no waist articulation.

My preference is for the articulation though many of my felllow Melbournians would've prefered otherwise.

Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Great poseability but regardless of mod or no mod, there's a problem w/ his crotch. It's big and doesn't connect but that's b/c if it did lock in to the top half, then you'd have no waist articulation.

My preference is for the articulation though many of my felllow Melbournians would've prefered otherwise.
    I was thinking about this when playing with Universe Blades. He has an extra panel so that the crotch can locks into place and can still rotate. Do you think, looking at Ironhide, that something like that could have worked on the toy?

I always new Ironhide had massive ball-bearings

Ironhide is one of the TF's that I'd rather hold out for a Henkei version. I did buy Universe Silverstreak though upping mu Universe count, mostly cause I wanted the painted missiles, chrome missiles are better than unpainted missiles, but painted missiles are even better IMO. Although I prefer prowl as a character Silverstreak has way more intresting paint apps as a toy.

So far I have 2 Henkei to 3 universe so it's pretty even.