Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 102025262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball Thread!

There goes the Rockets Playoff run. No McHale to try and keep the egos of three prima donnas means a splintered locker room and the terrible play will continue. I know we beat the Blazers but it needed a Harden powerplay in overtime to get there.

Another sub 40% FG night, Ty Lawson 1/8 in another insipid performance. Lawson was always a bad idea but Rockets Management wanted to relieve some burden off Harden, who doesn't like to share, and Lawson is just ice cold now.

The Rockets may slip into 7 or 8, but what is the point of going down 4-0 in the first round to the Warriors, Spurs or Thunder?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    There goes the Rockets Playoff run. No McHale to try and keep the egos of three prima donnas means a splintered locker room and the terrible play will continue. I know we beat the Blazers but it needed a Harden powerplay in overtime to get there.

Another sub 40% FG night, Ty Lawson 1/8 in another insipid performance. Lawson was always a bad idea but Rockets Management wanted to relieve some burden off Harden, who doesn't like to share, and Lawson is just ice cold now.

The Rockets may slip into 7 or 8, but what is the point of going down 4-0 in the first round to the Warriors, Spurs or Thunder?
    Yeh I was watching, young Blazers just don't know how to win when they've got a big lead. Teams are just doubling Lillard and making someone else beat them. It was a terrible game by the Rockets, not a fan of their style of play.

Oh and one more loss closer to Simmons!

My last comment looks funny now. 3 months on and now the Blazers are in equal 6th in the West and recently smoked the one and only Warriors! Such an amazing young team to watch. And since Lillard got snubbed from the All Star game he's been a human fire ball.

Its become very clear post all star game as to how much stronger the West is than the East, even more so than the last half a dozen years.

I was hopeful that someone would've taken Howard from the Rockets, but alas, it was not to be.

So do we think the Lakers will end up winning the Simmons sweepstakes? Philly with the worst record get pipped at the the ballot is my prediction. (I make no conspiracy claims, as I know many in the USA will if the Lakers get Simmons, but the NBA needs a strong LA and NY team, and they have neither at the moment.)

It always was. Hopefully, LA can find a player to build around on.

Kobe scores 60 in his final game and GSW wins 73 to make history. Really great day to be a basketball fan!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Kobe scores 60 in his final game and GSW wins 73 to make history. Really great day to be a basketball fan!
    Saw him play against the Brooklyn Nets at the Barclays Centre in NY when the wife and I were there on our honeymoon. A nice bonus to the "let's catch an NBA game while we're there".

That said, I'm amazed how easily he cleared the cloud of sexual assault off him and I have really conflicting opinions of the man.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Saw him play against the Brooklyn Nets at the Barclays Centre in NY when the wife and I were there on our honeymoon. A nice bonus to the "let's catch an NBA game while we're there".

That said, I'm amazed how easily he cleared the cloud of sexual assault off him and I have really conflicting opinions of the man.
    Having watched the game (with an avid Jazz fan no less) it was amazing to see him roll back the clock like that. Then again the Jazz were not fouling him like they would've had they been in playoff contention.
    Amazing basketball player, not so amazing off the court.

Time for the finals. My Rockets will get blown away 4-0 by the Warriors. I'd be surprised if they got within 10 points in any game. Portland may do better against the Spurs but in the end it'll be those two in the West.

Cleveland may have more trouble with Detroit but at the end I can't see them being toppled in the East. Their best and only chance of beating the Warriors is hoping the Spurs wear them down in a seven game Western conference final.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post

He didn't clear that. This was one event in his life that you want to compare with a lifelong dedication to the sport. This is what his haters always bring up.

His wife and kids still love him despite what he's been accused of. Even MJ divorced his wife and what do you think is the reason for that? These are sports icons and do not have a fanbase for their morality.
    Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Having watched the game (with an avid Jazz fan no less) it was amazing to see him roll back the clock like that. Then again the Jazz were not fouling him like they would've had they been in playoff contention.
    Amazing basketball player, not so amazing off the court.
    20 years of basketball and people still focus on one event. He's an ambassador for the sport and has fans around the globe. Going to a star's hotel room and we naively expect that nothing will happen? Nobody's perfect.
    Last edited by jazzcomp; 16th April 2016 at 09:45 PM.