Page 13 of 183 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182333 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Nah, you'd be hard pressed to get compensation from Hasbro. The problem with GPS/BPS is that the damage happens years if not decades after the toy has been purchased -- so it's pretty much beyond "warranty" so to speak.
    There's also the fact that we don't buy the toys from Hasbro directly but from secondary sellers (be they KMart or eBay sellers). Any problems with the product would have to go through them, and even if by some miracle you could get 'compensation' from Hasbro itself it'd likely be the standard 'approximate value in whatever old stock we have lying around'.

...and I wonder how many of us would have even kept our receipts from 1989 and 1998! Heh... I bought my Monster Pretenders from Kmart Castle Hill... imagine the looks on their faces if I tried to bring Slog and Bristleback in with their original receipts! They'd definitely be beyond warranty!

I can't remember if I paid for Transmetal Megatron in cash or with card... and I definitely do NOT have that card anymore! (cos some stores only refund your money in the same way you paid it - e.g. they have to refund it back to the same card that you originally used to pay for it). Actually... I think I might have gotten Transmetal Megatron from Kmart Castle Hill too! Hey -- my latest acquisition (BotShots Powerglide) was from there too (and I don't even live there anymore - I just happened to be at Castle Towers on Thursday night cos my wife wanted to do some shopping there)! Whoa...

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm kinda still venting about the supposed animation art piece I bought.

It's what I expected, and I absolutely believe that while it is by the layout artist, it's not a genuine animation-used piece.

I was hoping having it in hand would provide answers, but it's given nothing further.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I'm kinda still venting about the supposed animation art piece I bought.

It's what I expected, and I absolutely believe that while it is by the layout artist, it's not a genuine animation-used piece.

I was hoping having it in hand would provide answers, but it's given nothing further.
    Sorry to hear that - have you posted an image of it somewhere?

Default MEGATROOONNNNNNN!

If it matters, my Transmetal Megatron originally broke at the waist a few days after recieving it.

Went out and had it replaced. On this occasion however, both waist and left leg joints snapped clean off. Again. Several days later.

Must have left a lasting impression on me. How else does it explain my turning into a nervous wreck while attempting to transform Armada Predacon?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Sorry to hear that - have you posted an image of it somewhere?

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...DoSHQ60_12.jpg

That's the auction pic, and that's actually all there is to see, other than the punched holes on the top.

It's VERY sloppily drawn. It looks a million times cleaner in the small pic.

I know it's drawn by Darell. I just believe its by Darell NOW, and not then. The seller is also innocent in this, I believe.

Others are questioning these too. There' similar pieces for JEM, GIJOE, and more.

All single image close-ups of main characters. Production codes also sometimes don't match up to style or costume of the drawing attached.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    My Transmetal Megatron Just shattered again, shoulder pad this time. Would be even more pissed if i didn't have a takara version incoming.
    So I spent some time on YouTube watching GPS videos and it go me thinking. Has Hasbro ever offerred official word on this? I'm thinking that because a large number of toys suffer from this and sometimes we pay large money (think G1) or at least inflated prices for toys that disintegrate, are we able to do something as a comunity about this? Some toys were brought at retail that are only now falling apart even though they're not touched and it happens to MISB collectors as well.
    Compensation?

I know TM Megatron isn't GPS but it's close enough. Maybe BPS? Brittle PLastic Syndrome.
    GPS does cover the whole symptom, regardless of colour.

The metallic flakes or swirls are the giveaway/common factor.

Hasbro has said they no longer believe it to be an issue, as they've cut back on the amount of metallic flakes used, which they believe was the issue.
    http://www.toyark.com/news/transform...2010-qna-2867/

Of course there have been examples this century of GPS though, so who knows. It may take a few years to happen, in some cases.

Compensation is not going to happen. The secondary market is also not Hasbro's responsibility.

We also know which older toys are GPS prone, so it's not like we're buying them without knowing (anyone involved online should/would likely know what to look for).

Brittle plastic is different. Plastic gets more brittle as it ages. Clear plastic is the worst for this, as its already more brittle to start with.

These toys aren't going to last forever. Some will last longer.

Hasbro really only has a responsibility for a short period of time. It's unreasonable to want compensation for G1 and BW toys. They're of a fair age, and you'd have no case. Even big appliance/car manufacturers are required ri have soare parts available for something like 7-10 years. They also no longer have some of the molds involved, so fixed reissues aren't always possible.

Buyer beware, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Agnew View Post
    If it matters, my Transmetal Megatron originally broke at the waist a few days after recieving it.

Went out and had it replaced. On this occasion however, both waist and left leg joints snapped clean off. Again. Several days later.

Must have left a lasting impression on me. How else does it explain my turning into a nervous wreck while attempting to transform Armada Predacon?
    Did you get it MISB?

I remember playing with my Transmetal Megatron for years before getting bored and giving it away to my cousin - roughly 6 years ago. From the last time I visited his place, it looked like it was still in top condition - displayed out of box and slightly collecting dust on his shelf.

More of a postal vent but transformers related of course.
    So 13 weeks ago I ordered a junker Galvatron for a project of eBay and postage said 3 weeks from Canada. After 12 weeks of emails and frustration I give up on it. On the weekend I got one at Penrith collector fair for 10 bucks. So guess what showed up today in the post ?!?!? A box that looked like it had been kicked across the country with Gal in it.
    Not angry on the money side but what the hell is wrong with Canadian Post ?!?!?!?
    Grrrrrrrrr

Yeah, I experienced the same thing when I did a trade with a collector in Canada. He got the toy I sent him like within a week or two from Australia post... took me months to get my toy from him from Canada Post. Gah!
    Ouais, j'ai vécu la même chose quand j'ai fait un échange avec un collectionneur au Canada. Il a obtenu le jouet que je lui ai envoyé le souhaitez pendant une semaine ou deux après l'Australie à partir de ... m'a pris mois pour obtenir mon jouet de lui de Postes Canada. Ouh la la!