Page 102 of 110 FirstFirst ... 8292979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1096

Thread: Upcoming Movies Thread

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Definitely part of his redesign, but I think it may also be to further distinguish him from Thanos in the Avengers movies.

I know they don't look very similar to to the movie fans it might be enough to confuse them.
    There was no need to give Apocalypse blue skin to start with because it's always been gray.
    Furthermore (just a subjective gripe) his voice lacks the presence I remember from the early 90's cartoons which is where I first encountered this villain.

I'm hopeful for the new X-men film, the trailer is just ok but from past experiences I've found you can't judge a Brian Singer film from it's trailer, what made the first two and last X-men films good for me is that I could actually get a little invested in the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    The trailer looks nice for TMNT 2 but this may be another TF4. Looks more fun though.
    I just saw that trailer, I thought the previous movie was as bad as a TF movie, and although this looks just as CGI and stupid, it does look like they are embracing the toon in all it's ridiculousness, maybe getting rid of that vibe of dour seriousness and self importance that seems to pervade Bay related films.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    So I just watched the trailer for Independence Day 2. And I gotta say I am excited to see it next year.
    I kinda felt the opposite from the trailer, it felt too serious. Also there were no landmarks blowing up. The first movie was apocalyptic yet light and fluffy, hard act to follow at the moment if your not Marvel.

Not a huge fan of that new Star Trek trailer, just looks like a generic sci-fi action film rather than Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Not a huge fan of that new Star Trek trailer, just looks like a generic sci-fi action film rather than Star Trek.
    Yeah, a lot of the comments on youtube is that it looks more like Guardians of the Galaxy 2 rather than Star Trek. I'd agree.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

I kinda felt the opposite from the trailer, it felt too serious. Also there were no landmarks blowing up. The first movie was apocalyptic yet light and fluffy, hard act to follow at the moment if your not Marvel.
    The size of the new alien craft is definitely apocalyptic.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    The size of the new alien craft is definitely apocalyptic.
    Yep, but where's the fun? It's the "Welcome to Earth!" moments that are missing in the trailer so far. I didn't like the first film all that much when I first saw it, it was cheesy as clichéd as hell, but It kinda grows on you overtime, I think because of that sense of fun.

Also over half of Earth's cities were already wiped out in the previous movie, so the looming apocalypse doesn't have the same emotional pull it had with the first film, they're going to have to do something a bit different this time.

I was wondering where all the posts about Star Wars were, and thinking maybe everyone who watched the midnight screenings must still be sleeping in... then I noticed the Force Awakens thread (which I'm avoiding until I see the movie this Friday night )

They've just started production on Bad Santa 2

Bad Santa is one of my fav movies ever - such a brilliantly dark comedy! Billy Bob has admitted from the get go that this won't be as good as the first one and frankly I don't see how it could be. As much as I'm looking forward to it I don't think they should be making a sequel, the first one was just a brilliant stand alone flick and if Billy who is the writer, director and star is saying from the outset this won't be as good then they should just leave it.

That said, I'll be going to see it when it hits cinemas in Nov

Saw the trailer for the upcoming 'Ghostbusters' movie.

I gotta admit, I've been VERY negative about the whole new GB thing. I've been championing that they should leave the franchise alone, its great as is - don't mess with it! And I really didn't like that they've made it an all female cast.

However after watching the trailer I must say I'm actually kinda liking it - it's looking like it will be faithful to the GB concept and the actresses look like they will be quite funny.

However maybe it's just because they have the old Ghostbusters music playing in the background of the trailer. That music is so damn catchy! I something think they could show images of starving children in Africa with that music playing and people would go "This rocks!"

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Saw the trailer for the upcoming 'Ghostbusters' movie.
    I couldn't disagree more, I was thinking "this shouldn't be made, but no doubt I'll be won over by the trailers" but then I saw it, yikes... looks like Adam Sandler Pixels-esc trash.

Sony has to be the worst of the major studios, hell I found out after seeing the trailer that they were considering suing Murray in order to force his cameo. Scum.

On the upside GBII looks like it won't be the worst GB film anymore

Oh yeah, and Spidey in Cap3 looks decent. Shutter eyes seems odd but I'll no doubt get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    I couldn't disagree more, I was thinking "this shouldn't be made, but no doubt I'll be won over by the trailers" but then I saw it, yikes... looks like Adam Sandler Pixels-esc trash.

Sony has to be the worst of the major studios, hell I found out after seeing the trailer that they were considering suing Murray in order to force his cameo. Scum.

On the upside GBII looks like it won't be the worst GB film anymore

Oh yeah, and Spidey in Cap3 looks decent. Shutter eyes seems odd but I'll no doubt get used to it.
    Again, it might have been the musics influence that swayed me That and seeing Slimer

That's pretty sucky what they tried to do to Bill Murry - I hadn't heard that before