Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toyworld TW-H01 Hardbone aka I can't believe it's not Hardhead

Why is it crappy? Besides a bit of trigger kibble he's fine.

He did say 'crappy looking' - and to be fair, Hegemon does look kinda plain. I don't have one myself but from what I've read he's apparently far better in hand than he is in photos.

Never handled one but looks crappy. Very plain, doesn't really suit any particular line or have a cohesive style and seems to make sacrifices to both alt-mode and robot mode... for example the lower legs look bad in robot mode and as a gun handle.

Each to their own, I find the robot mode to have enough detail in the sculpt to easily put him on par with most classics, and he doesn't have any stupid shell former wings, or supper skinny legs ruining the robot mode either. The gun mode is compromised somewhat, however it still looks better than a Nerf gun.

So going to agree to disagree as to me the figure looks awesome and was probably among the top 3 Transformer related objects I bought last year. Got nothing but joy from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Each to their own, I find the robot mode to have enough detail in the sculpt to easily put him on par with most classics, and he doesn't have any stupid shell former wings, or supper skinny legs ruining the robot mode either. The gun mode is compromised somewhat, however it still looks better than a Nerf gun.

So going to agree to disagree as to me the figure looks awesome and was probably among the top 3 Transformer related objects I bought last year. Got nothing but joy from it.
    I agree. In person it looks pretty damn good and is an excellent classics representation on G1 Megs and I don't even own it.

But anyway this Hardheaded is growing on me.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Oh my gosh. It suddenly sounds like creepy pet names for a wiener !
    Rollbar/Grind Rod could have been a coincidence of Engrish, but now with Hardbone being revealed there's no doubt about it, those brilliant Toyworld designers must still be in primary school

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Megatron Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah it's the same group but you seem to be in a minority on the "crappy Megatron" department
    +1000

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Rollbar/Grind Rod could have been a coincidence of Engrish, but now with Hardbone being revealed there's no doubt about it, those brilliant Toyworld designers must still be in primary school
    Well Aurora is a fairly normal name, I sorta get the feeling they meant to call Hardbone Hardskull, but got confused. At least Hardskull would make a lot more sense.

Are Toyworld Japanese? Certainly wouldn't be the first time this has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Well Aurora is a fairly normal name, I sorta get the feeling they meant to call Hardbone Hardskull, but got confused. At least Hardskull would make a lot more sense.

Are Toyworld Japanese? Certainly wouldn't be the first time this has happened.
    I found Aurora to be a bit of an odd choice, they could have easily gone with Flashlight or Torchlight? The rest of the team names shouldn't really bring up any innuendo even with the worst Engrish

Hardskull would have been a good third-party adaption

Was only assuming that TW is Japanese because of their domain: http://www.toyworld.jp/cms_category.php?id=2

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

My Hardbone pic gallery: