Page 73 of 163 FirstFirst ... 536368697071727374757677788393 ... LastLast

Thread: The Figma toy thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Man that sucks. My BRS snapped at the joint under her breast area. That sucked. I glued it, but lost movement in that area due to the glue, Plus it has broken since...

Where did the Luka come off from? Hips are just a ball joint, but you will need to hold the other leg steady as the 'hip' piece is just like a coathanger (to put it simply) with balls on the end and will therefore move away from any force.
    Yep, my BRS broke in the same place. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, I saw someone online just used blutack to hold the two halves together while still allowing for movement.

Yeah that's exactly where her leg came off. Her undies are getting in the way, it's so awkward. And her skirt is making it all extra tricky.

I'm just so bummed. Two figmas arrive in the mail and they both break.

Quote Originally Posted by jena View Post
    Her undies are getting in the way, it's so awkward. And her skirt is making it all extra tricky.
    Sounds like a date I had once...

Well, the good news is, that Luka can be fixed, maybe just leave it for a bit and give it a try later. Uuum, don't really have any suggestions for the BRS though. Although Blutack would be a good stand in until something more permanent cmes available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Sounds like a date I had once...

Well, the good news is, that Luka can be fixed, maybe just leave it for a bit and give it a try later. Uuum, don't really have any suggestions for the BRS though. Although Blutack would be a good stand in until something more permanent cmes available.
    LOL

I fixed her this morning, I think. Her leg seems to be back on but I am too afraid to move her leg, jut in case it pops off again.

I showed BRS to my dad this morning (he has model trains so he's relatively familiar with this kind of stuff) and he thinks that I should just use blutack because glue will limit her movement way too much unless I want her stuck in the same pose forever. I might buy another BRS and be super careful with it. Or leave it in the box.

Another annoying thing, it seems the hole in Luka's back for her stand isn't big enough, I can't use her damn stand.

Is that why you said my YAY figmas! would end up more like *groan* figmas, because that's exactly how I feel right now.

Meh. They still look way better than revoltech.

Damn, sorry to hear about you BRS breaking. I thought the waist joint was fixed in later releases, not sure tho.

With the top 10 reissue poll coming along maybe wait to see if she is re-issued before risking another breakage.

Yeah, those hips will pop off if you try to be too extreme with the poses, but at least they are designed to pop rather than actually break.

Are there photos of the BRS break online?
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Damn, sorry to hear about you BRS breaking. I thought the waist joint was fixed in later releases, not sure tho.

With the top 10 reissue poll coming along maybe wait to see if she is re-issued before risking another breakage.

Yeah, those hips will pop off if you try to be too extreme with the poses, but at least they are designed to pop rather than actually break.

Are there photos of the BRS break online?
    It's funny though, I was trying to put her in one of the poses pictured on the back of the box so it surely isn't too extreme.

There's a few pictures in this review: http://plasticparfait.com/2010/09/12...-rock-shooter/

It's funny though, I was trying to put her in one of the poses pictured on the back of the box so it surely isn't too extreme.

There's a few pictures in this review: http://plasticparfait.com/2010/09/12...-rock-shooter/
    I'm not sure there is an easy fix for that beyond Blu-tak, if the abdominal joint is inside the chest. At least the Blu-tak fis is invisible.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I'm not sure there is an easy fix for that beyond Blu-tak, if the abdominal joint is inside the chest. At least the Blu-tak fis is invisible.
    The blutack is working out okay, I just can't get over the fact that I know that it's broken, you know?

Thats why I dont open mine

Leave the damn things in the box.

Anyway I might be able to help as I have a KO BRS and you might be able to use the parts off that.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Thats why I dont open mine

Leave the damn things in the box.

Anyway I might be able to help as I have a KO BRS and you might be able to use the parts off that.
    But I like to play with them! Pose them!

I don't think that'd work, if you check the link above you'll see pics of the same break.

Meh. They still look way better than revoltech..
    Oooo, thems fighting words!

Buuut you're right...

Is that why you said my YAY figmas! would end up more like *groan* figmas, because that's exactly how I feel right now.

Not exactly, but I guess it is one aspect. The *groan* figmas comes form lack of control. I used to be a robot only man and that was fine with the family status quo.

Then I got my first figma, coz it was cheap and I was going through a violent schollgirl phase. Then I saw this one and head to get that coz it was a violent schooligirl with machine gun flare!! Such a wonderous thing! That didn't come until much much later, but in the meantime, I managed to getquite a few more to fill the hole. My violent schoolgirl phase progressed into violent maid phase and now I have a larger selection of FEMALE toys than I thought I would have ever had. Now with my copious Mikus, BRSs and others, I find myself wanting more.

Why would I like some unknown character with the power to command penguins who flashes too much panty for public display?Or a dog lady? Or a Sailor moon satire character?

Surely they are not all awesome? But yes, as you are finding out they ARE! DAMMIT! Oooh, this one has a tea pot, oh that one's based on japanese Yokai (a weakness of mine), oh, another BRS. Might as well complete the set. Lol

And thus it goes on.

From robot collecting to doll collecting. And lets not kid ourselves hear folks they are dolls.

Now occasionally the missus gives me the old "Creepy toy collector" look coz of all these girl toys I have now...

but I still love em.

And her I guess