Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Transformers Movie toyline - Studio Series

Some photos of the wave 2 Deluxe Jazz toy in robot mode, giving us a look at the dimensions and kibble.

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    ^This makes so much sense. It is a bit sad it has taken so long to happen but perhaps this stop-gap line will take off like the original Classics line did, or at least, this budget allocationing will continue.
    I'd like to see it continue going forward as well. HasTak would need to move away from a line wide gimmick that mandates every figure in each size class be more or less the same stature so they can all be limbs for gestalts/accept headmasters, which is also something I'd like to see.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    It seems the size of the figures in the Studio Series have been "averaged" out in the line. Blackout is a bit shorter than standard Leader figures while Grimlock is taller to make up for it (he's taller than TLK Leader Megatron). Same with the voyagers and deluxes.
    Seeing these toys side by side IRL it's evident that these toys are meant to be approximately all to scale with each other. Last night I placed Bumblebee, Stinger, Blackout and Starscream next to each other and some other collectors and I noticed that the cockpits/windows were all roughly to scale with each other. When you look at each vehicle and imagine a person sitting inside, you can visualise that these people would be to scale with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Seeing these toys side by side IRL it's evident that these toys are meant to be approximately all to scale with each other. Last night I placed Bumblebee, Stinger, Blackout and Starscream next to each other and some other collectors and I noticed that the cockpits/windows were all roughly to scale with each other. When you look at each vehicle and imagine a person sitting inside, you can visualise that these people would be to scale with each other.
    As far as gimmicks go, it's making me want to collect the whole line a lot more than anything Generations has used as a gimmick in the last 5 years.

I'm only a leader and 3 deluxes away from completing all of wave 1 too...
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Apparently there are some design issues with Bumblebee and Blackout, and some suggested fixes have been posted on Seibertron.

Hasbro have released some images showing three stages for Blackout - design drawing, grey prototype and finished figure.

Packaging images for the Japanese versions have also been found, showing us the minor differences of the packaging of the first eight. (the same eight as the Hasbro first wave - the toys are expected to be identical to the Hasbro versions)

Another two upcoming Studio Series toys appear to be found on a leaked listing - Voyager Bonecrusher and another Voyager Optimus.

In-hand photos of the wave 2 Voyager Megatron (TF2) and Leader Voyager Brawl (TF1).

The person posting up the photos hasn't claimed them as their own, but also hasn't noted a source... so I don't know if these are from a leaked Chinese source, or these are coming out soon and someone just got their hands on them first.
    Last edited by griffin; 5th June 2018 at 07:03 PM.

Brawl is a Voyager

Finally getting a chance to give the first wave a good look over and transform, and as impressive as they are to have on display (their main marketing point, as seen by the included diorama displays), transformations are either annoyingly fiddly with heavy reliance on panels locking into each other, or the transformations are based on existing toys.
    I knew that Bumblebee was based on the wave 3 TF5 Bumblebee toy, but I didn't realise that Voyager Starscream was an up-sized version of the TF3 Deluxe Starscream toy, or that Ratchet was also based on the TF3 Ratchet toy.
    The thing that annoys me so much about panel-locking figures, is that they tend to have so much crammed inside with no spare space, that if anything is even slightly out of alignment, the panels don't line up or lock into place. If a toy needs to create an outer shell from panels, it needs to have space inside to allow for parts to be where they need to be, with a little tolerance.
    I also see what other fans meant about Bumblebee needing a pin on the roof panel, as it doesn't seem possible to transform the toy without it popping off.
    I still have the two Leaders to do yet, and I've seen that reviewers rate those two as the best of the first wave.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Brawl is a Voyager
    Ah, I should have seen that in the link title.

Word from Seibertron is that the Deluxe Bumblebee has had a second production run (according to the stamping on the back of the box), which is said to have fixed a few flaws in the toy, included tightening of various joints.

I just had a look at the one I bought from Myer, and it has the same production run on it (80201), so if this is a later, better, production of Bumblebee, at least we got the good stock in Australia (or at least, some good stock arrived here... but check the packaging when you buy one, just in case).

Maybe the "earlier" production run was released in America, as part of the advance release during the New York Toyfair.