Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Mad Toys King of Beast Infinity Gokin

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

To be fair i didn't even touch both accessories for both versions.
    Lions to lions the soc wins hands down , only the madtoys red lion is a bit more solid as the Bandai one is a bit plastic visually. But Bandai is very colour accurate.

I am sure some debate will be whether Bandai chrome on the figure will fade, as it is beautiful it may backfire and that's where madtoys may be better.

The overall take by Bandai is more well polished, the way the black lions arm is hidden is a nice touch, I didn't bother to remove the tails for the arms which Matt a vid recommended as the instructions didn't say so.

Initially I think it looked fat, but when in hands and after playing with him, it feels right.

Version two by madtoys is delayed till April but that's ridiculously too long.

My verdict goes to Bandai, it will be a very long time before another company can win theirs.

Which is which in the pic?
    Spiderken Away!

Correction. Left is the old one from madtoys.

We will see about that. Soc is nice but i dont think it won hands down.

can't wait to see comparisons with the new v2 King of beasts from MadToys vs Bandai SoC version

Quote Originally Posted by Initial_G View Post
    can't wait to see comparisons with the new v2 King of beasts from MadToys vs Bandai SoC version
    Unless the V2 has brighten up their colours, add chrome, brighten their eyes. It is pretty much a better version of v1 with rotating fist.

It all zooms down to interpretation of Voltron, for someone who wants screen accurate, then Bandai would be it. I do like Madtoys version on the modern not so blocky waist. Overall, if I can't buy the Bandai one, I be happy with Madtoys. Or if you were banged on Madtoys one because you like it, then iits not an issue either, I think they both have their own merits.

However in Lion modes, Bandai has the edge as their legs are not parallel and straight, if V2 have done it as Bandai did. That's a thumbs up.

Make no mistake, they are both very good toys, in fact I can see how well done they have put in effort in their box and all other accessories.

I am just a bit disappointed that fans are still needing to wait for V2 after a whole solid year. But time will tell if the wait was worth it. I wont be considering V2 at this stage unless I could sell off my v1 at this stage.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Unless the V2 has brighten up their colours, add chrome, brighten their eyes. It is pretty much a better version of v1 with rotating fist.

It all zooms down to interpretation of Voltron, for someone who wants screen accurate, then Bandai would be it. I do like Madtoys version on the modern not so blocky waist. Overall, if I can't buy the Bandai one, I be happy with Madtoys. Or if you were banged on Madtoys one because you like it, then iits not an issue either, I think they both have their own merits.

However in Lion modes, Bandai has the edge as their legs are not parallel and straight, if V2 have done it as Bandai did. That's a thumbs up.

Make no mistake, they are both very good toys, in fact I can see how well done they have put in effort in their box and all other accessories.

I am just a bit disappointed that fans are still needing to wait for V2 after a whole solid year. But time will tell if the wait was worth it. I wont be considering V2 at this stage unless I could sell off my v1 at this stage.
    The thing that bothered me mostly (only after seeing v2 and Bandai's versions) was on the v1, the black lions shoulder joint/connection point.

It's just cleaner looking on the new ones ... making it a slightly more perfect voltron >_> ... which then means "crap, need to try and sell v1, to justify v2 or Bandai's"

Quote Originally Posted by Initial_G View Post
    The thing that bothered me mostly (only after seeing v2 and Bandai's versions) was on the v1, the black lions shoulder joint/connection point.

It's just cleaner looking on the new ones ... making it a slightly more perfect voltron >_> ... which then means "crap, need to try and sell v1, to justify v2 or Bandai's"
    didn't bug me much, my main gripe was unable to rotate fist due to shooting action. We just have to remember that version one took place way before Bandai so naturally Bandai has done enough to make people buy theirs.
    Version 2 on the other hand I hope they do enough to justify people to support. I would say colours for starters on version one need to be a lot more vibrant and accurate to the cartoon or old Voltron toys.

You didn't need to rotate the fists as the forarms rotated.

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    You didn't need to rotate the fists as the forarms rotated.
    that's not the point, I preferred rotating fist over shooting fist and I am aware of the forearms except that is his limitation. The issue is the shooting fist has only one direction, you could not do a 90 degrees insert where you could pose better with the sword if need to.

I believe version two has resolve this as they took off the firing fist feature.