Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718 LastLast

Thread: December Decadence!

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    I need to get more of that stuff, in the absence of decent Aussie beer over here (Fosters and VB only, bleurgh) and with the horrible cost of cheese and fruit (not that I'm a big fruit fan) it's hard to get a taste of home. You can get the tiny jars but they're crazy pricey and available at import stores only.
    Replied here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Anyway, picked up a Leader Class Animated Ironhide Bulkhead while it was on clearance at Toys R Us.
    Yeah, I grabbed one earlier this year when I was in Taipei. It's a neat figure if you can get it for cheap. Punching gimmick is lame IMO.

So I headed down to Yodobashi Camera in Akihabara this morning to take part in the TF Prime figure launch. Voyager Bulkheads were moving FAST and I managed to secure the last one on the shelf. One woman in front of me at the registers had 8 Bulkheads and 8 Vehicons, so people definitely know what's in demand overseas. For spending over 3000yen, I was given the store exclusive minicon Blowpipe.

I jumped on the JR Yamanote line and headed for Ikebukuro faster than a stereotypical black guy trying to reunite his tastebuds with a grape soda. I HAD to make it to BIC Camera to score their exclusive minicon Aimless. I knew chances were slim, since United Fracas was gone within the hour last time there was a similar promotion. I swiped a Voyager Optimus off the shelf, joined the long line of patrons and awaited my turn. Thankfully, once I arrived at the register the attendant disappeared out the back and returned with Aimless.

The stroll to my next destination, Toys R Us at Sunshine City, Ikebukuro, was a long one and more of a power walk or a semi-jog. I managed to arrive just 1 hour and 15 minutes after the store opened to try and get minicon Peaceman (Peacemaker). The store was comparatively quiet, a good sign indeed. I found the (small) Transformers section and grabbed the last Cliffjumper and a Bumblebee for my fiance to make up the 3000yen minimum. When I got to the register and the girl scanned the items, I waited for her to disappear like the other attendants to get me my minicon, but it didn't happen. In my rubbish Nihongo, I asked if there was a bonus, and from what I could gather she said something along the lines of them being sold out.

So that brings my story to a close, I just felt like I had to ramble 2 out of 3 store exclusives was pretty good though, right?

Couple more parcels picked up from the post office:

Bought from a certain site a couple of items which I will use as a custom transformer.

First time in doing a custom........hope it works out

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

They're on their way...

What could they be...

"Verno never buys things for himself... I thought his collection was complete..."

I guess we'll 'C' in '12' or '16' days...

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    Couple more parcels picked up from the post office:

Bought from a certain site a couple of items which I will use as a custom transformer.

First time in doing a custom........hope it works out
    Give us a clue.
    (of the transformer)

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    Give us a clue.
    (of the transformer)
    NEVER!!!!!

I have a good idea but whether the body wants to do it is another thing

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Since it's 31st today, not an acquisition per se, but the totality of my acquisitions in 2011 (or as near as I can document).... Check it out here.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Since it's 31st today, not an acquisition per se, but the totality of my acquisitions in 2011 (or as near as I can document).... Check it out here.
    Oh you

You know Ill do a sneaky raid on your place.
    Last edited by valkyrie_76; 1st January 2012 at 02:51 AM.

Valkyrie's SDF:

3 TFPrime Arcees for Valkyrie when he gets here, one 1st Edition Cliffjumper for me, a Cyberverse Powerglide just because, and the ridiculous little bonus minicon from Yodobashi Camera.
    Oh yeah, and 2 Tshirts, one with a ninja on it to make me look extra gaijin-y and one reading 'Nandeyanen' in hiragana. The latter's the favourite.