View Poll Results: GEN Rhinox - worth buying?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, a must buy.

16 69.57%
  • Well.... good to have

4 17.39%
  • Not when it is in clearance

0 0%
  • NEVER!

3 13.04%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy review: Generation Rhinox

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    I think the TT version is the same, I wouldn't call them floppy but they're not as tight as I would like either.
    Any looseness with the knees or other joints?

balmatrix's review was quite concerning.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Any looseness with the knees or other joints?

balmatrix's review was quite concerning.
    Knee joints and all other joints are perfectly tight

I got mine along with the rest of my pile of loot a couple of weeks ago and i couldn't be happier. Mine is a Hasbro version, and basically perfect. No looseness in the joints, and IMO doesn't need the extra paint applications - especially as they're not accurate to the original Rhinox toy. I love this figure.

I'm hoping to get my POL shipped this month, after Rattrap comes out (and minus Waspinator of course, as Hasbro are inept at making toys in sufficient quantities it seems).

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I got him today.

He's... beautiful!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I got him today.

He's... beautiful!
    True story.

I think the designers have done supremely well in reducing kibble on what could potentially have been a kibble-licious figure.

The majority of his rhinoceros rear swings down onto his legs, which serves a dual purpose. Not only does this minimise the kibble, but it also adds bulk to his legs, which is entirely necessary given the broadness of his robot shoulders. Without it, he might have looked like an AT-ST from Star Wars.

Then the butt-flap tucks neatly under the rhino neck, again, reducing any stray paneling.

I still think Hasbro have missed a trick in not displaying the toys in 'beast' mode in their packaging. They're (Waspy and Rhinox) are beasts -- It makes them incredibly unique.

A really fantastic figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I still think Hasbro have missed a trick in not displaying the toys in 'beast' mode in their packaging. They're (Waspy and Rhinox) are beasts -- It makes them incredibly unique.

A really fantastic figure.
    I was thinking about that earlier and I think it's probably best that beast modes are in robot form, other wise it just looks like a rhino in a box. After all This rhinox is a pretty good rhino mode. ANd remember most average consumers aren't too savvy

He looks fantastic in both modes. The standard pose I have him in on my shelves makes him look more like a very detailed statue than an action figure. Had two different people comment on how good the statue was, only to be surprised when I told them to take it down and transform it!

Springer was brilliant, but Rhinox is the best Generations voyager (yes, even better than jetfire!)
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I was thinking about that earlier and I think it's probably best that beast modes are in robot form, other wise it just looks like a rhino in a box. After all This rhinox is a pretty good rhino mode. ANd remember most average consumers aren't too savvy
    But... he's a rhinoceros, and looks very much like a rhinoceros, so why shouldn't he appear in the box as a rhinoceros? That's his entire gimmick!

When did the vogue become putting Transformers in robot-mode in the box?