View Poll Results: ConstructBots Thundercracker - worth getting?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah!

1 14.29%
  • Only if...

2 28.57%
  • Na

0 0%
  • My lack of interest is palpable!

4 57.14%

Thread: Toy Review - ConstructBots Thundercracker

Default Toy Review - ConstructBots Thundercracker

Name: Thundercracker
    Series - ConstructBots
    Size/class - Scout
    Wave - 2
    New/remould/redeco - Remould of Starscream
    Released here - Yep
    Approximate Retail Price - $18
    Approximate Size - 20cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Cybertronian Seeker Jet
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Can swap pieces with other ConstructBots
    Main Colours - Light Blue, Red, Grey
    Main Accessories - 2 guns

Thundercracker is (if it can be classified as this considering they come in pieces) an extensive retool of Scout Starscream. Personally I bypassed Starscream because of all the negative reviews and the miscoloured head so was happy to pick up Thundercracker.

Robot Mode
    Like all Construct Bots he doesn’t look great. They always remind me of Cheetors line “When fighting bots, hack at the hinges’. One kick to the ankle and these mothers goin down yo! The head is all the one colour which is naturally an improvement on Starscream, but the face.... anyone seen Robot Chicken? His eyes and mouth totally make him look like when any character on the show is looking down the camera and is making the angry frustrated noise! It kinda cracks me up and I’ll never be able to take our self-doubting seeker seriously Do NOT trust the box art here!

Alt-Mode
    Thundercrackers alt-mode it one of the most dart-shaped seeker moulds I have seen. If it was not a ConstructBot I think it easily could be classified as the ‘Monstrosity’ version of Cracker and when I have him in alt mode that’s how I will think/roleplay him. Very long nosecone with well proportioned wings coming off the side. Looks good in my book!

Worth getting?
    Usually if it’s an homage to a G1 character I can’t resist it – but Construct Bots are proving the exception for me and I’m only grabbing the odd one here or there. Glad I got Thundercracker though, he is reasonably priced and due to his odd face and alt-mode is worth picking up for the novelty value if nothing else

That Alt mode would look great on a real Transformer toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    That Alt mode would look great on a real Transformer toy.
    Like this?

I picked him up today. My first Construct Bot. He's very gangly, in that even with all this armor on it still feels like you're playing with a skeleton. Might be worth getting a few and trying to make a denser bot out of them. I really like that they use 5mm pegs. Could be a lot of fun incorporating pieces into my normal TF figures weapons.

Did anyone else find their Thundercracker to be a weird teal-green colour, instead of the advertised blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Did anyone else find their Thundercracker to be a weird teal-green colour, instead of the advertised blue?
    Yes.
    Got one for free from Kyle as a test run and I really dislike it. Having never been into bionicle etc, I don't get these things. Glad I had a try, probably won't bother with any more.