View Poll Results: MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe - worth buying?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 74.55%
  • Only if...

10 18.18%
  • No

2 3.64%
  • Not even interested

2 3.64%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP Masterpiece Lambor/Sideswipe

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    And I think RK may have done some extra scalping on the rpice. I bought mine through amazon Japan and a mail forwarder and I am looking at about $65 tops, that includes postage.
    Was that all? I've been asking my mate in Japan to hold onto MP lambor and send it to me later with some Arms Micron toys to save on postage... but if the postage is only gonna cost $10, maybe I should get it sent now.

Aaargh! Impatience vs. tightwadness! (although my tightness is a bit justifiable atm with Encore Fort Max on the horizon )

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Was that all? I've been asking my mate in Japan to hold onto MP lambor and send it to me later with some Arms Micron toys to save on postage... but if the postage is only gonna cost $10, maybe I should get it sent now.

Aaargh! Impatience vs. tightwadness! (although my tightness is a bit justifiable atm with Encore Fort Max on the horizon )
    Yeap. 1500 yen EMS. Which I believe is the smallest size box...

Plastic wheels don't really bother me.

Colour mismatch in car mode isn't that bad, looks pretty nice overall. Transformation is great, robot mode is great. Just wish it had better ankle articulation, horizontal rotation on the knee joints and they could have easily made the inner leg panels longer to go all the way down instead of leaving a big gap.

Overall great stuff, loving the new direction of the Masterpiece line.

Mine arrives tomorrow. I am excited.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Picked up mine today and I likes it a lot.

The colouring on the roof and paint isn't so noticeable as to ruin the whole toy. Vehicle mode is very sexy and larger than I thought. To my eye it looks larger than a deluxe, but I know its about the same. care factor zero.

Transformation is clever and simple, although most of it is within the legs, which I love. Good balance as well, although as LLamy said the lack of an ankle swivel is a bit sad. I can see why some people don't like the face, but it doesn't bother me all that much.

I got the Amazon Pile drivers and erm, whats the point? he comes with some black Pile drivers as it is.... Comparison below

they are super shiny though

Although I would have liked to have seen him with a Jetpack as instead, I guess....

the hinge on the missile launcher's handle was annoying me, but then I discovered it's so you can angle the gun on his shoulder as you see fit. Nice!

My biggest complaint is that the shoulder pieces that his upper arms join to aren't secured anywhere, they just kind of float around and the front wheels seem to get in the way a bit under his chest. i thought they would have hidden away a bit more.

Still, I like it a lot. Contauche is one sexy beast. Just a shame the decal saying the countache bit is a bit shoddy. Also, die cast tail lights section I think.

\Final pic

"I gots me Some pile drivin' to do!"

The mis-matched coloring is a let down, I expected better from Lamborghini. So is the splatter of silver paint on the bumper-bar of one of my Lambors - will be a pain to remove that. Plastic tires and lack of diecast doesn't worry me so much.

Black square attachments are pile drivers. Chrome pointy attachments are jackhammers. Okay? Cool.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Mine is on the way... can't wait!! I don't care about the silver pile drivers/jackhammers. I just want the figure. I really, really love the new direction the MP line has gone. I hope it's a regular thing, as in a handful of characters released every year!

All this negative feedback is kind of dampening my excitement for Sideswipe. While having rubber tyres and die cast bits would've been a nice touch, it's not a deal breaker for me as long as he's solidly built.

The price doesn't bother me, because if this was released by a third party, I'm sure a lot of us would've paid up to $100 for him. After all, I paid between $65-$70 delivered for the fansproject insecticons each, and they are much smaller while also lacking in die-cast parts.

Either way, I'll see how I feel about ol' Sideswipe once my RK order arrives.

All the comments about the paint have made me glad I decided to wait for a Hasbro release. Seems as though the design was a good idea, just a flawed execution of paint. Lamborghini probably aren't happy either if it's as shoddy as you all lead me to believe.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Got nine today. Only had a short time to look at him but is bigger than I thought. A good size for him. Looks great and im happy with him. But like others have said. Does have some small paint issues. But nothing major. :-)