View Poll Results: Generations IDW Waspinator - worth getting?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah!

18 75.00%
  • Only if...

3 12.50%
  • Na

3 12.50%
  • Would rather let Spider-bot rip Waspinators head off!

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations IDW Waspinator

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    My favorite out of this wave, don't ask why as I don't know because I hate Beast wars (Sorry to all you fans out there).
    That's it! Someone get me my gun.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I only got this as it was cheaper to buy the 4 from that wave. It's currently in my 'crappy Transformers' box with Rhinox.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I only got this as it was cheaper to buy the 4 from that wave. It's currently in my 'crappy Transformers' box with Rhinox.
    As much as I hate Beast wars Waspinator and Rhinox are one of my favourite figures in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    As much as I hate Beast wars Waspinator and Rhinox are one of my favourite figures in my collection.
    We will make you a Beast Wars fan yet

Does anyone have a spare MOSC Waspinator? BBTS just pushed back their pre-order until September so I'm thinking I might cancel that.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    You could sell them. Might as well if you're not getting any enjoyment out of them.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm not convinced that it substantially improves over the original Waspinator toy to want to import one.
    After recieving mine I echo these comments.

The thing that bugs () me the most about this figure is the feet that hang under waspinators chin in alt mode. Anatomically it just looks wrong and is extremely distracting for me. If those feet could fold into the abdomen I'd probably be singing nothing but praise for this figure.

On the plus side the bot mode is great. TT have done a great job with the light piping, articulation, stability and poseability. However the original toy wasn't that bad at all of these either.

If you already have the toon accurate 10th Anniversary Waspinator this new figure is not a substantial improvement and can probably be skipped unless you want Waspinator in this scale.

Agreed with most comments about how the wasp mode is too bulky, particularly the kibble under the head (looks good from an angle looking down, but holding the toy level, you can see the bulk of the robot parts that isn't well integrated). I don't like the gaps either, particularly the one behind the wasp's head where you can partially see the robot head.

The focus is clearly the robot mode which looks amazing. Knee poseability is disappointing since you only get a 45 degree bend on it. The flapping wings gimmick means you can't get the wings facing the sky. Overall, a solid figure.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

I (finally) got my hands on this figure, thanks to gdmetro. I gladly cancelled my pre-order of him with BBTS yesterday afternoon.

I've been longingly staring at pictures of Generations Waspy for many a month now, and can say he's just as nice in the flesh (plastic).

I can look past the robotic kibble being visible in beast-mode. I mean, honestly, there is literally nowhere else to put the robot arms and legs.

The robot-mode is a masterpiece. People have often commented about a want for up-sized 'Masterpiece' Beast Wars figures, but if you can get this much detail into a deluxe toy, why would you need a 'Masterpiece' version?

The piece of absolute beauty for me is the mechanism for splitting the wasp head and displaying the sternum in robot-mode. That's just superb.

A mechanism to 'lock' the wings in an upright positing would have been nice, as well as being able to divide the larger and smaller wings, but they look good regardless.

I'm extremely pleased with him. I think Hasbro/Takara should be continuing to release updated/reimagined Beast Wars toys of the original 14 characters. 3 down, 11 to go!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I'm extremely pleased with him. I think Hasbro/Takara should be continuing to release updated/reimagined Beast Wars toys of the original 14 characters. 3 down, 11 to go!
    It's actually 5 down, arguably 7. They've made toys of Rhinox, Rattrap, and Waspinator in Generations. Then there's Cheetor and Dinobot in Universe. The arguably seven comes from Megatron and Optimus Primal getting new toys as part of the 10th anniversary a long while ago, and they're arguable because they were designed to be "Cybertron compatible" so as to fit into the mainline at the time. They also released screen accurate remolds of OP and Megs shortly afterward. So yeah, either 5 or 7 of 14. I'd certainly like to see modern versions of dragon Megatron and Optimal Optimus, though.

Waspinator kicks all kinds of ass. And he has planzzzz, yezzzzz....