Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Voltron Classics Line

So looks like your RL cat will be able to pilot the black lion going by the size of the yellow vs red lions in that link.

cant wait to see the black lion, its gonna be huge
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Once again, my main concern is ''Where the hell am I going to put this thing?''

I was already really surprised by how big red lion is. Even though I showed photos for comparison, you still don't quite get the sense of how big it is. (Yeah yeah, that's what she said )

And even though I now know they're all going to be huge, I'm sure my reaction on receiving the yelllow lion will be the same: ''HOLY CRAP''.

And I'll have to try and get the cat to not be hyper-active so I can show how big the real cat is compared to this toy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Once again, my main concern is ''Where the hell am I going to put this thing?''

I was already really surprised by how big red lion is. Even though I showed photos for comparison, you still don't quite get the sense of how big it is. (Yeah yeah, that's what she said )

And even though I now know they're all going to be huge, I'm sure my reaction on receiving the yelllow lion will be the same: ''HOLY CRAP''.

And I'll have to try and get the cat to not be hyper-active so I can show how big the real cat is compared to this toy one.
    You could leave it at my house if you like..

but seriously, it is massive

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    You could leave it at my house if you like..

but seriously, it is massive
    To get it to you it'd need its own plane ticket.

To get it to you it'd need its own plane ticket.
    hehe. looks like it..

Yellow lion is on its way to me.

For anyone interested, this one cost just shy of $69.

Red Lion was a few cents less than $56.

That seems perfectly reasonable to me, considering the size difference, and the usual international shipping.

Can't wait for this baby to get here.

EDIT: Here's some close-up pics of the assembled Voltron.

Looks neat. http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2012...urePics.com%29

However, look at Voltron's shoulder. Yeah, see Keith sitting there? Keith is a 3 3/4 scale figure.

Mind. Blown.
    Last edited by Cat; 15th April 2012 at 06:02 PM.

However, look at Voltron's shoulder. Yeah, see Keith sitting there? Keith is a 3 3/4 scale figure.

Mind. Blown.
    holy crap that thing is going to be huge....maybe i should of gone for it after all

Yellow lion is on its way to me.

For anyone interested, this one cost just shy of $69.

Red Lion was a few cents less than $56.

That seems perfectly reasonable to me, considering the size difference, and the usual international shipping.

Can't wait for this baby to get here.

EDIT: Here's some close-up pics of the assembled Voltron.

Looks neat. http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2012...urePics.com%29

Mind. Blown.
    Once again .. Massif..
    I found 2 red lions on ebay.
    one buy it now for $160+postage
    the other starting bid of $116+ postage with 1 bidder.
    this is one we'll have to deal with. in this case it's all of em or none of em.
    (at least we'll get see pics of it... the face looks so cold and emotionless.) best looking voltron figure yet

I'm really hoping Mattel does a second run of the red lion.

They've done that for plenty of other toys on their site that sold out quickly, mainly MOTU. They even did a second run on the Legion Of Super-Heroes 12 pack, which is far more expensive than any lion set.

I'm incredibly happy I have mine, and don't have to worry about missing out. And of course, the free Sven more than makes up for subscription cost, which makes things easier for me anyway.

I don't know what to say. I hate scalpers as much as anyone. There's no way I'm parting with mine.

But I do genuinely hope they do a second run, because this is something that is worth the cost they're asking, IMO. Actually, if you break down the costs, I honestly think it's a pretty damn good deal. And I'd love to see everyone who wants one, to have a fair opportunity of getting it at a reasonable price (3 times the purchase price is far from reasonable to me, for a new item like this).

I'll post pics as soon as yellow gets here. And I'm going to show photos next to my RL cat, as she's a good comparison.

I'll also be stating for each one what the cost was, so you guys have a better understanding of what's being charged, vs eBay prices. That way, at least you guys can hopefully get a track of what's a fair price, and what's a rip-off.

I expect that the next two are going to cost roughly the same as these first two, seeing as they're both the arm and leg again. Only difference I'd expect would be due to the exchange rate fluctuating.

And I hate seeing people say how others 'don't deserve it' because they didn't subscribe or missed out. If you want an investment, get a share portfolio. These are meant for the masses, and are too good to be kept rare/expensive.

I'm also still trying to find a good base body for the unhelmeted Lance head. I can't think of anything I like. Infinite Heroes seems the logical choice, but again, I can't think of anyone whose body sculpt would look alright with the 'civilian' Lance head.