Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big W Sale 30th Sept - 6th Oct

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    My local Big W had the Voyagers at their sale price, but all the deluxes, movie, generations, and animated still scanned at $24.84 (or whatever).

Not impressed.
    htfd deluxes only should be $19. i verify that at bigw melbourne city

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    It's certainly OK for an unopened item.

For an opened item, it might be a bit dodgy, because the store will possibly not be able to resell it. So, if you've already opened an item, it's probably better to re-buy it at the sale price and return the new, still-sealed one on your pre-existing, more-expensive receipt. That way the store isn't stuck with tainted stock and you get your sale price.

Big W does not individually identify Transformers, rather all figures of the same line and class scan with the same code. So, if you bought (and opened) Seaspray last week for $48.62, you could go back this week, buy Night Ops Ratchet for 36.62, take him directly to the return counter, but give them the Seaspray $48.62 receipt. Effectively, by doing that, the $36.62 receipt you keep is now the receipt for your opened Seaspray. Make sense?

All of the other major retailers work the same way. The only store that individually identifies every Transformer is Kmart.
    Thanks! Will they accept the return and new buy of the returned item at the sale price? Or do you have to just return/refund it then buy another same item on the sale price? Or like returning it in one branch and buy it on another branch?
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Thanks! Will they accept the return and new buy of the returned item at the sale price? Or do you have to just return/refund it then buy another same item on the sale price? Or like returning it in one branch and buy it on another branch?
    its easier to just get a refund and then go buy it since you'll be served by different people.

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    htfd deluxes only should be $19. i verify that at bigw melbourne city
    Yeah, there have been a tonne of other sightings that confirm the sale price, seems my local store stuffed up, will try another nearby shop tomorrow and check.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Yeah, there have been a tonne of other sightings that confirm the sale price, seems my local store stuffed up, will try another nearby shop tomorrow and check.
    I'm not quite sure how that was possible as they all get transmitted from support office on the monday before the event to go live at 12:01 on the thursday. Stores are asked to move the event time forward in most cases to 2pm on the wednesday to help with putting the tickets up.

The reduced transformers in the brochure are part of the same "advert" as every other reduced line in the brochure so i'm not sure how this has happened in ur local store unless every other item in the store was not reduced.

The store possibly stuffed up the date when they moved the advert forward but as I stated, no other items would be scanning at the reduced price either.
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    its easier to just get a refund and then go buy it since you'll be served by different people.
    The attendant said no, but yes I can return it Just gives me the additional walk and pick up new stuff on the shelves and pay for it again.

Just got to love logic

Oh and HFTD Deluxes are different when scanned to Gen TF Deluxe. So the generations wave is still $24.66 and not $18.66. Dude is lucky who got gens at $18.66

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    The store possibly stuffed up the date when they moved the advert forward but as I stated, no other items would be scanning at the reduced price either.
    Thanks for the info, I can't explain it, as the voyagers scanned at the sale price, but none of the three waves of deluxes did. Very odd.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

You sh

You shOuld've brought the catalogue.

Just went to the Forest Hill Big W yesterday and the only the HFTD Deluxes and Voyagers were scanning up at sale price. The generations deluxes were at normal price of $24.

ROTF2 Deluxes are still $12 and there were also 2 Battle Ops Bumblebee for $57.82.

jazzcomp, whatever Jay's mentioned we've been doing it for ages. All it takes is a repurchase at one store and refund at the other with the more expensive receipt.

Like Jay said as well, only Kmart has unique barcodes i.e for e.g if you buy a deluxe arcee, you have to refund a deluxe arcee. Whereas if you buy from Target or Big W, all you have to do is get a deluxe figure and use the more expensive receipt to refund with the old receipt. Hope this makes sense.

This works for opened items as well in some sense. For example I bought the pink and blue Lego tubs for $49 each from Big W and Kmart. Already went home and opened mine. But when Myer had them on sale for $39, I just went to Myer, bought two new pink and blue tubs, took a walk to Kmart and Big W to refund.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!