Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: JP Masterpiece Tracks to be released in Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Presumably at the same price as other imports?
    Don't know. Having said, MP Tracks is going to be more expensive than any other MP Cars' RRP in Japan, so it wouldn't surprise me if the AU RRP were similarly dearer. MP Cars have been gradually getting more expensive though, but MP Tracks is significantly dearer than all others. Here's a list for comparison...

MP12 Lambor = 5800JPY ($63)
    MP17 Prowl = 5800JPY ($63)
    MP18 Streak = 5800JPY ($63)
    MP19 Smokescreen = 6500JPY ($71)
    MP12G Lambor G2 Ver. = 6500JPY ($71)
    MP20 Wheeljack = 6500JPY ($71)
    MP21 Bumble = 6000JPY ($66)
    MP23 Exhaust = 6500JPY ($71)
    MP21G Bumble G2 Ver. = *6000JPY ($66)
    MP25 Tracks = *8000JPY ($87)
    MP26 Road Rage = *7600JPY ($83)

So as you can see, previous MP Cars' RRPs have hovered around the approx. $63~71 range whereas MP Tracks is looking to hit nearly $90. If TRU releases MP Tracks here for $100~130, then that's actually reasonably good value considering that the raw cost of the toy in Japan is approx. $90; cos if you factor in the cost of shipping, you'd probably end up paying close of that price anyway. Bear in mind that many web sites currently offering MP Tracks or Road Rage for pre-order are offering earlybird discount prices -- I'm just looking at full retail prices here and how much it might cost someone purchasing these MPs at full price and then shipping it to Australia. Considering all that, I think that the $100~130 mark isn't too bad a deal. $130 for an MP Tracks is certainly much better value than $130 for MP Bluestreak!

Of course, I have absolutely no idea how much the actual TRU price will be for this toy (or any other toy that I've recently translated for; I'm not privy to this information ). I hope that it will be within the $100~130 range or cheaper.

--------------------------------------------------
    *TakaraTOMY have yet to publish their official RRPs on their web site. RRPs are estimates based on what Amazon JP is saying will be their RRPs and rounded off. Actual RRPs may vary by a few dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    Oh ok. Well it would be. Nice surprise if it does. Otherwise might have to get a second one another way
    May be that is Takara selling strategy to sell more Tracks by getting a second one for flight stand to use for Road Rage.

As for price it looks they increased price starting Tracks. Flight stand is a factor IMO as Road Rage is a little bit cheaper

Just finished translating instructions on transforming to robot mode. All that's left now is to translate the instructions for attaching to display stand. phew

Translations done and sent to Hasbro!
    Heh... I didn't know that Tracks can actually be attached to the display stand in robot mode too! According to the instructions, there's a hole located on the bottom of the vehicle that plugs into the display stand for vehicle (flight) mode display, but there's also a hole on the back of Tracks' waist to plug in for display in robot mode.

Thanks for the MP25 pics

Does the insignia on his roof flip around like Bumble at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevac View Post
    Does the insignia on his roof flip around like Bumble at all?
    Yes.

That's good to know all the promotional pictures all show the insignia in alt mode and it looks off

Hasbro have now authorised me to reveal images of Masterpiece Tracks.

Various images from the booklet.

A 'clean' (no logos) image of the box front

This is what the translation process looks like

A look at the final English version...

Any chance on release date...?
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera