Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Takara Devastator coming to ToysRUs Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I can't fathom why TRU would want to sell both the Hasbro & Takara Devastator. And it'll just confuse the ordinary consumer if both are available on shelf.
    I'm sure the ordinary consumer is totally confused by a car and then the executive model of the same car with leather seats and an extra cup holder.

However if they're both on the shelf at the same time I can see the possibility of a fair few Takara devastators walking out at Hasbro prices.

So to clarify toys R us USA?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by tron07 View Post
    Premium collection's pricing is pretty decent, too bad I got hasbro version from BW already
    I have no idea why people are screaming $100 more when is about no more than $20 on local online stores.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I have no idea why people are screaming $100 more when is about no more than $20 on local online stores.
    The title of this thread is "Takara Devastator coming to Toys R US" not "Coming to online stores".
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The title of this thread is "Takara Devastator coming to Toys R US" not "Coming to online stores".
    Yes but we are all in Australia most of us, and silly me who is paying that plus shipping to here? Make sense?

Guess not.
    Plus you compared to bigw price, hence why?
    Why would any of us buy it from tru us

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Yes but we are all in Australia most of us, and silly me who is paying that plus shipping to here? Make sense?

Guess not.
    Plus you compared to bigw price, hence why?
    Why would any of us buy it from tru us
    Because we are comparing apples to apples, which in this case is bricks and mortar stores Big W to TRU. I don't think 5FDP ever mentioned spending $100 online extra for extra elbows and guns. Make sense?
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Because we are comparing apples to apples, which in this case is bricks and mortar stores Big W to TRU. I don't think 5FDP ever mentioned spending $100 online extra for extra elbows and guns. Make sense?
    Except this is not tru Australia which isn't Apple to apple

Plus goki works are not in these toys either. I cannot see why any of us would even bother.

If this is in tru Australia then maybe it make more sense.

Wouldn't bother getting Takara Dev from Toys R Us anyway, since we are getting ripped off, rather, I'll pre-order from here,Premium Collectables, much better price, plus free shipping.

So, to clarify, I assume the OP has found that the Takara UW-04 Devastator will be released by Hasbro in Australia in Toys R Us stores nationwide. We can likely assume that OTCA's own Goktimus Prime will provide any translation if necessary (which may not be the case as, lets face it, between a couple of elbows, the visor gimmick and the individual weapons, transformation is basically the same as the existing Hasbro instructions).

Either way, beyond the above info, why the hell has this become an advert for PC or TFI or anyone else? There's plenty of other threads about the product and there's a dealer/sales forum too.

Drifand, I think its about TRU AU. OP seems to have accidentally capitalised the "S" in "US" in the first post, but that should have been pretty obvious - OP's location is Canberra and we've had a string of Takara releases hitting TRU AU recently.

Sorry for the confusion guys...

Didnt realise until after I had posted the thread... It does say in my first post that I had just come from TRU my location is the ACT

I wish that I had just come from one in the states