1 4.76%
  • No

1 4.76%
  • Not interested

4 19.05%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    So just enforce a universal head-port size. That doesn't cost any extra money. It's something that HasTak have done since 1984 5mm post. The large 1987 Targetmasters can actually swap weapons with the small 1988 Targetmasters as well as 5mm post weapons from any other Transformers line!
    It is the same size. Tight or loose fit is a tolerance issue

Quote Originally Posted by Ozgardian View Post
    I can now tell you that there at least 2 different moulds for the Headmaster Units as I ripped of Darkmoon's arms to put them on Nucleon so Galvatron would have a fuller crown but Nucleons ball joints were too big. So I tried Terribull's & they fitted fine. Doesn't look as good with Terribull though, wrong colour.
    Sure there could be more than one mold, so long as the dimensions are the same

I only have Voyagers and Titanmasters, so I can't comment on deluxes, but so far I haven't had any difficult swapping heads between characters. One thing i have noticed is that occasionally it's necessary to attach the head backwards and then spin it around so that if you transformed the Titanmaster, its head would be on back to front. That's only really been with Sentinel Prime and it's hardly an issue. But as I said, I don't know about deluxes.

I know I'll be in the minority when I say that I find the space cruiser mode his best mode.
    The lion mode I find OK. It's because the lion mode benchmark for me is the Leobreaker/Nemesis Breaker from the Cybertron series and Alpha Trion just can't cut it with those ones.
    The robot mode has got to be the weakest due to the cube-shaped torso looking excessive in ratio to the limbs but not as bad as Optimus from the Energon series.

I'm not really a fan of this guy. Mainly because of the points that shockNwave made, but also because I find the colours don't suit the mould.

I may order Leo Convoy though.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Megatran Guest

Anyone else think the Lion mode looks more like a Mandrill?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    It does actually.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Nope. Body shape*, face※, limbs☆, tail★ and pretty much everything all looks wrong for a mandrill. A mandrill Transformer would look more like this:

-----------------------------------------------
    *Not even remotely primate/monkey-like
    ※Looks distinctively feline, similar to Hundred Beast King O-Lion (Lion Voltron). Mandrills also do not have manes.
    ☆Clawed feet don't look like monkey hands/feet (also lacking thumbs) and proportionate length of limbs is wrong. Except for humans, primates have distinctively longer arms and shorter legs.
    ★One distinctive feature with mandrills are their tiny tails. Alpha Trion's striking sword-tail is absolutely nothing like what you'll ever see on a mandrill.

I managed to snag Alpha Trion not long ago (last one in the store, too!) and he's easily one of my favourite all-time toys.

The lion mode is kind of blocky, which when combined with the curves of the head give it a sort of Megazord-ish feel to me. His abdomen is a bit too hollow for my liking, and the lion's headsculpt isn't amazing (dat mane, tho), and don't even get me started on the awful tail... but it's decent enough.

Spaceship mode is just okay. Nothing to report there. The thing is though, I don't display my Transformers in their alt-modes, unless that alt-mode is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I display them in robot mode, and man oh man, this robot mode. I bloody love it.
    THIS is what I call a Prime.

Yes, he's not an old wizard any more, but it honestly doesn't bother me that much.

I quite like his robot mode. As said in the initial post, looks like a Viking bruiser.

Lion mode - not keen on the lower jaw but the blocky body is kinda reminiscent of Razorclaw. Plus it makes me giggle to stick his sword in

Space cruiser - like Sentinel Prime in desperate need of some paint apps - looks way too plain

A Takara Alpha Trion would have been wonderful with some great paint apps but they went with Lio Convoy instead (which still looks amazing).
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose