Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Comic review: More Than Meets The Eye season 2: #28 onwards

Yeah, but that'd be because he's naively following someone else's cause. Upon closer examination of G1 Tailgate's TFU profile (bearing in mind that Marvel writers also wrote the G1 tech spec bios), it describes Tailgate as basically being a deluded nutter with delusions of grandeur.

There are many other IDW Transformers whose personas differ from their original selves, such as:
    * Cyclonus - tech specs/TFU describes him as being devoid of compassion or personality and lives for nothing else than conquest. This is clearly not the case with IDW Cyclonus who has loads of personality, is capable of love and isn't into conquest or needless conflict (he sees himself as a patriot). Although he does share a similar sense of having a warrior's code that we saw in G1 cartoon Cyclonus.
    * Mesothulas - while his Tarantulas person was similar to that of BW Tarantulas, his origins and original persona as Mesothulas was quite different. IDW Tarantulas is also more of a tortured soul because of what he felt he was forced to do by the Autobots and what he thought had happened to Ostaros. BW Tarantulas was just downright malicious.

...anyway, my point is that IDW have demonstrated that they are willing to exercise their creative liberty to significantly alter the personalities of established characters. So if they needed a certain type of character there's no reason why they couldn't pluck an existing toy character and modify the persona to suit their needs. Or pick one that doesn't have an existing bio and do likewise. Time Warrior's an open slate, just sayin'.

Did we miss an issue in "Titans Return?"

The latest issue of mtmte feels like things had happened on earth, where the 1st part of the crossover ends.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Did we miss an issue in "Titans Return?"

The latest issue of mtmte feels like things had happened on earth, where the 1st part of the crossover ends.
    Yes, the next issue of ExRiD happens before this issue of MTMTE.

Man that was some work for poor old Red, I remember that he has been shadowplayed / something dodgy at the institute had happened to him before, with the needle marks, but bringing it back for this....

Not expected.

Also lucky for whomever planned it that Rung helped get him back on his feet just in time for this plan to go into effect...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Hey, is milne off of lost light or are they doing rotating artists again?

Hey, is milne off of lost light or are they doing rotating artists again?
    I think I remember something about a personal emergency or issue that meant he had to take time off? or i might be confused with someone else. i definitely miss him though.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I think I remember something about a personal emergency or issue that meant he had to take time off? or i might be confused with someone else. i definitely miss him though.
    That was Nick Roche and why the second Wreckers series had big delays.

Alex Milne tweeted that he didn't know he wasn't drawing Lost Light until IDW announced another artist for #1

Further updates have said that he will be working on a special project and will come back to Lost Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    That was Nick Roche and why the second Wreckers series had big delays.

Alex Milne tweeted that he didn't know he wasn't drawing Lost Light until IDW announced another artist for #1

Further updates have said that he will be working on a special project and will come back to Lost Light.
    Thanks, I've checked out Jack Lawrence's art and he's a good replacement just didn't know what happened to Alex Milne

Thanks, I've checked out Jack Lawrence's art and he's a good replacement just didn't know what happened to Alex Milne
    I think I read that it was to do with the amount of work required for each issue, the pacing , and the last few months of MTMTE not hitting the deadlines it needed to.

Apparently Milne and Lawrence will be sharing art duties, with each artist looking after a rough arc of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    I think I read that it was to do with the amount of work required for each issue, the pacing , and the last few months of MTMTE not hitting the deadlines it needed to.

Apparently Milne and Lawrence will be sharing art duties, with each artist looking after a rough arc of issues.
    See that's what I thought too, which is why I asked.

Roberts said on twitter that the original creative team was going nowhere, I'm okay with rotated art teams just really surprised that Alex Milne's twitter profile isn't reflecting the title change where as Lawrence's.

Any way come December we'll have some answers