View Poll Results: Is Titan Returns Blaster worth getting?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh my yes! I will most certainly grab one.

14 63.64%
  • Probably, but only if I can find him

3 13.64%
  • Maybe, I'll think about

1 4.55%
  • Nah, don't really like him.

1 4.55%
  • Don't even care about him at all.

3 13.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Titan Returns Leader Blaster

Default Toy Review - Titan Returns Leader Blaster

Series - Generations
    Sub-line - Titans Return
    Size/class - Leader
    New/remould/redeco - new
    Wave - 1
    Released here - (sorta) July 2016
    Approximate Retail Price - $80
    Approximate Size - 23cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-modes - Boombox/Base
    Main Features/Gimmicks - compatible with Titan Masters and Legends tapes
    Main Colours - Red, Yellow and Grey
    Main Accessories - Rifle, spotlight/rocket-sled, Twincast Titan Master

Robot Mode

In robot Mode, Blaster looks amazing. He has good articulation and he looks very similar to his G1 appearance. He is poseable, but he tends to be a bit heavy if you have a "tape deck" inside of him.

Gimmicks

Speaking of that, his main gimmick is the tape decks inside of him. Although I don't have any with me, he can fit the Spotlight/Rocket-sled thing inside him. The gimmick works well and feels like a modern day version of what Blaster/Soundwave did back in the 80's.

His other gimmick of cause is with the Titan masters. You pull his helmet pack to place the Titan masters in.

I love how Twincast looks like a mini Blaster

Boombox Mode

His boombox mode looks very nice actually, wouldn't mind playing some of my tunes off it. Oh wait it's a toy I forgot. I don't know what Hasbro are advertising this as, but it looks nice.

City mode

As you can tell he transforms into a Heavy Metal concert and is able to play death metal. OK he can't actually do that but the base mode does look nice. If you're not a fan of it don't worry as it doesn't affect any of his other modes in anyway.

Transformation
    Transformation isn't the most complex, but it isn't simple either, it's at the right spot for a toy like this.

Overall
    I like him, he's a great Blaster and will fit perfectly in my collection. If you can find him I recommend picking him up!
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

In robot mode, TR Blaster is awesome. He finally has the articulation he deserved. But the boombox mode looks awful, and nothing like the original toy (or indeed, an actual boombox). I prefer the original G1 toy, and looks far cooler in non-robot mode
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I can't believe you have a dj controller setup behind Blaster and you didn't include any photos of him spinning some fresh beats

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    But the boombox mode looks awful, and nothing like the original toy (or indeed, an actual boombox). I prefer the original G1 toy, and looks far cooler in non-robot mode
    in what way? big speakers on the ends, check. handle, check. tape deck in middle, check.

The boombox mode looks disappointing with the gaps. I like how the helmet makes the head look G1 toy and Don Perlin accurate, but disappointed that the Titan Master head underneath doesn't resemble Blaster's head design from the G1 cartoon/non-Perlin comic art. Seems like a wasted opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The boombox mode looks disappointing with the gaps. I like how the helmet makes the head look G1 toy and Don Perlin accurate, but disappointed that the Titan Master head underneath doesn't resemble Blaster's head design from the G1 cartoon/non-Perlin comic art. Seems like a wasted opportunity.
    I agree, but the differences are why I'm happy with two g1 blasters AND TR blaster. Best of both worlds. And his g1 alt mode still looks way better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I can't believe you have a dj controller setup behind Blaster and you didn't include any photos of him spinning some fresh beats

in what way? big speakers on the ends, check. handle, check. tape deck in middle, check.
    Have a look at Blaster in robot mode, and you'll see what the speakers SHOULD have looked like. Those speakers aren't actually used in tape deck mode, instead you've got a giant black circle that doesn't really look like a proper speaker either.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

You know what? I should've included a photo of him spinning those decks

that's better haha. what music you into? do you have a soundcloud?

that's better haha. what music you into? do you have a soundcloud?
    Yep. You can guess what my music taste is based on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Yep. You can guess what my music taste is based on that.
    cool, checking it out