View Poll Results: Is Titan Returns Blaster worth getting?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh my yes! I will most certainly grab one.

14 63.64%
  • Probably, but only if I can find him

3 13.64%
  • Maybe, I'll think about

1 4.55%
  • Nah, don't really like him.

1 4.55%
  • Don't even care about him at all.

3 13.64%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Review - Titan Returns Leader Blaster

I just don't see how Blaster's city mode can be called a city. Calling it a base or music stage would be more accurate.

Picked this baby up for $60 at the Myer sale. I did see the LG Broadcast in Tokyo which looked nicer, especially with the properly Twincast coloured head, but wasn't will to pay 8000JPY (AU$100) for it. I wasn't even willing to pay $80 for this version and still ermed and aahed over getting it for $60 but finally caved today. I personally don't think it's worth paying $80-100, but $60 is acceptable.

The gaps in the alt mode are disappointing, and the long black tabs inside the lower legs makes mine hard to clip together in tape deck mode. Also, my Twincast doesn't seem to be able to attach onto any of the little pegs for this feet.

Pics:

Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
    I just don't see how Blaster's city mode can be called a city. Calling it a base or music stage would be more accurate.
    I'd say because they're marketing it as being able to form part of a city with Fortress Maximus and other Leader Class toys. Urban-Module Mode might be a more apt description, but since they're marketing this for kids Hasbro's just assuming that kids are too stupid to understand words like "Urban Module," which is just insulting to children. One thing that I miss about G1 is how they weren't afraid to use big words with us, and I often learnt new words by first encountering them from Transformers and then looking them up! Look at the way that the toy bios are written, there's practically no creativity put behind them.

received LG Broadcast/Blaster today.

Chose this one over the Hasbro as I wanted to avoid the light grey all over the Hasbro one.

Really well built, well proportioned bot mode. "Base" mode is kinda silly, but would probably work well in tandem with the other TR Leaders and Fort Max.

Boombox mode is not bad, a little gappy, but sticks together well. Partner really likes it, and thinks the "tape deck" component is pretty cool, likes the idea of another bot popping out the front. As do I.

I finally got around to opening mine last night. I too have the Takara version. I really like the colours and as others have said the robot mode is very solid.

I dig the boombox design, I'm pretty sure I've seen speakers on stereos looking exactly like that with the silver panels protruding over the front.

the 'base' mode is OK. it works better once you have a few more titan masters and their seat weapons plugged into it.

I did also find that several of the titan masters don't quite fit the little pegs. I'm pretty sure the pegs are marginally too big. something that will be tricky to rectify without making them too loose.

I don't mind the helmet design/concept. I just don't get it in this case. especially taking the Takara Titan master into account, it doesn't quite look like blasters face, I'd have much preferred a fixed head that took up the same space that was able to do more than rotate left and right.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I don't mind the helmet design/concept. I just don't get it in this case. especially taking the Takara Titan master into account, it doesn't quite look like blasters face, I'd have much preferred a fixed head that took up the same space that was able to do more than rotate left and right.
    ^My thoughts exactly. I did see Legends Broadcast in Japan a few times, he's a relatively easier LG toy to find, but as nice as the colours are (I especially like how the Titan Master looks like Twincast), I couldn't justify paying 8000JPY ($100) for it. I didn't even want to pay $80 for the local Hasbro version and even at $60 I still errmed and aahed about it until the very last day of the Myer sale. $60 is pretty much the most that I was willing to pay for this toy and I'm glad that I didn't pay any more than this. As odd as it sounds, I probably would've jumped on this toy for $80 straight away if it hadn't been a Headmaster.

has anyone figured out if the rocket sled-turret thing can be used in robot mode as a weapon of some kind

Quote Originally Posted by vorox4251 View Post
    has anyone figured out if the rocket sled-turret thing can be used in robot mode as a weapon of some kind
    Nope. The best you might do is lift the handle up and plug it on top, but it looks really weird.

My review of Titans Return Blaster, along with a side-by-side comparison with G1 Blaster:

Recent acquisitions: SS Leader Blackout & Deluxe Starscream, & FP Pinchar (Snarl)!
    Upcoming: SS Voyager OP, Megs, Brawl & Ironhide!
    Wishlist: Voyager Astrotrain & Octane (Thank you Hasbro!), Modern Dinobots (Thank you FP!)

Perth WAtch - YouTube - Sharing my passion for watches & horology
    Perth TransFan - YouTube - Sharing my interest in all things Transformers!