Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: April's Apprehensions

Decepticon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    where???
    Perth

More upgrade fodder for when the Headrobots set comes out:

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Myclones series 3 - two sealed boxes in search of an elusive chase no luck this time

Erm you wouldnt happen to find an extra Dirge there ei Skully? Im still after him too
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Very excited about these new acquisitions. Copies of Transformers UK #79 and #80 (parts one and two of Target: 2006) signed by Simon Furman.

As a Christmas present in 1986, I was given two Transformers comic books. Issues 79 and issue 80. They were my first ever comic books and I loved them. I was hooked instantly.

The stories in the TF comics, and continuing them in my proto-fanfic, are what kept me interested in Transformers through my adolescence and are the reason I never left the hobby.

So when I checked out that recent ebay auction for Beast Wars scripts, and had a look at other items Simon Furman was selling, I could not resist getting these. Copies of the two most important comics I've ever had, signed by the writer responsible?

I didn't have to outbid too many people, and I'm glad Sky Shadow chose other issues to bid on.

My new copies and my originals:

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Erm you wouldnt happen to find an extra Dirge there ei Skully? Im still after him too
    Alas no dirge he is the one i'm still looking for, the last loose dirge on ebay sold for $186 or so I took the chance of getting the sealed boxes. Plus it was fun opening each one!

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    Grabbed a DOTM Leader Ironhide for $12 at my local Kmart. I think it was a mistake as the Leader BBs were $49 and went to the scanner to see if Irohide was that price..........and he was even cheaper!!
    12 bucks!! for a leader class!! good score.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Very excited about these new acquisitions. Copies of Transformers UK #79 and #80 (parts one and two of Target: 2006) signed by Simon Furman.

As a Christmas present in 1986, I was given two Transformers comic books. Issues 79 and issue 80. They were my first ever comic books and I loved them. I was hooked instantly.

The stories in the TF comics, and continuing them in my proto-fanfic, are what kept me interested in Transformers through my adolescence and are the reason I never left the hobby.

So when I checked out that recent ebay auction for Beast Wars scripts, and had a look at other items Simon Furman was selling, I could not resist getting these. Copies of the two most important comics I've ever had, signed by the writer responsible?

I didn't have to outbid too many people, and I'm glad Sky Shadow chose other issues to bid on.

They look great and it must be nice to still have your originals too..

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon
    Ah man, if I had the money on me I'd certainly express interest - But might I suggest holding onto it until you can compare the pair when both are in hand?
    your right hursti, thought about it last night and i am gonna hang on to him and see the comparison.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

*snip*

*snip*
    Oh wow! - That is an epically awesome score Paulbot, congratulations man!

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    your right hursti, thought about it last night and i am gonna hang on to him and see the comparison.
    Ah, cool! - I look forward to hearing your thoughts on their comparison dude.

OMG. That is so cool!!

haha you too huh :P
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    More upgrade fodder for when the Headrobots set comes out:

very nice mate
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast