Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi all

Welcome aboard. I'm also another comic freak. Probably less nowadays though I do enjoy the medium still. Just a bit hard to balance between novels and comics though!

Anyway, nice to see Rodimus has a fan! He's often maligned around fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderPrime9
    Just wondering if everyone took a long time to get the (full) movie collection? I dont really know other collectors so Im curious how you all got them, ebay? toys r us etc??
    I got most of mine from Target - grabbed them all quickly when they hit shelves about April/May last year.

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    Just a bit hard to balance between novels and comics though!
    IMO the Transformers novels (Keepers Trilogy) are complete sh*t. Well, I've read half of the first book... it's just too crap for me to keep reading. In fact, I had to force myself to read past the first chapter, hoping it would get better... but it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    Cartoon Rodimus does yes, not so much animosity toward his Marvel Comic counterpart though.

Unhappy Poor guy

Originally Posted by STL
    Yeah I do love Rodimus even though he had those rambling chats to himself... reminds me of how Lion-0 would just talk and talk and describe everything he thought or was doing.... sometimes I think Rodimus is like Lion-O, he just needed a bit more time to grow into greatness, who doesn't mess up??? dunno if you guys watched Thundercats too...

I always try to get Rodimus toys as well if the budget allows... have to say my fav is my 87 Rodimus in his box and Titanium series was pretty awesome...

Orginally Posted by Goktimus Prime
    Cartoon Rodimus does yes, not so much animosity toward his Marvel Comic counterpart though.
    What was he like in the comics?? any chance he'll make one of the TF movies?!

The main thing that makes a lot of people dislike Rodimus Prime is how he often whined about his burden as the "chosen one" and how he'll never live up to the greatness of Optimus Prime yada yada yada. And no doubt that being Autobot leader is an immense burden and he has massive shoes to fill following in the footsteps of Optimus Prime... but comic Rodimus is generally more likeable because he basically just got over it and went on with getting the job done.

"Bring me the head of Galvatron!"

Welcome

Welcome aboard! I too like Rodimus as a character (shame about the toy). I thought he brought more humanity to the role of leader than the archetypal, god-like Optimus [dodges attacks...]

I guess that's why I like Optimus Primal better too.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby
    Welcome aboard! I too like Rodimus as a character (shame about the toy).
    +1. That toy was craptacular and a half. As a kid I never had it nor did I ever even want it! Hot Rod was the first boxed TF I got in 1986 and that's seriously a way better toy than Rodimus Prime. A friend of mine got Rodimus Prime, and although I enjoyed playing with it, I can't say that I ever really felt compelled to want it. I have two of them now.

But yeah, toywise Rodimus was nothing compared to Optimus Prime. As a kid I never even considered him to be a truck... I actually thought he was meant to be a caravan. d:

Arise, Winnebagomus Prime!

I thought he brought more humanity to the role of leader than the archetypal, god-like Optimus [dodges attacks...]
    Yeah, but not well. I agree that cartoon Prime was too much of a "Christ" archetype (i.e.: flawless saviour) which makes him a really uninteresting character. What makes characters interesting are their flaws and weaknesses. Having said that, they also need a good balance of strengths and coolness, and I find that cartoon Rodimus was often lacking in that department.

I guess that's why I like Optimus Primal better too.
    Indeed. Optimus Primal and the Marvel Comic leaders had a better balance of being flawed yet kick-ass. ;D

What makes characters interesting are their flaws and weaknesses. Having said that, they also need a good balance of strengths and coolness, and I find that cartoon Rodimus was often lacking in that department.

Indeed. Optimus Primal and the Marvel Comic leaders had a better balance of being flawed yet kick-ass. ;D

[/QUOTE]

But if cartoon prime was emo like every other super hero we'd never have G2