Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Transformers 3 - June 29 2011 (US) & now June 29 (AUS/NZ)

Quote Originally Posted by davieanix View Post
    I am not familiar with showtimes on IMDB, but I just went to the Dark of the Moon page and up the top it said "Now showing at 1 cinema near Melbourne". So I clicked on it and it said it's showing today at Village (I think) on Chapel Street.

Is there some advanced screening going on today? Anyone here possibly going or have gone? Or is it just an IMDB screw up lol.
    Key word there was 'IMDB'

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    I find it interesting that the board doesn't rate these films higher based on the violence that occurs to the robot characters...within the context of the movie, they're as valid as humans. If the violence between the robots in TF1 and TF2 was done in a human war movie, it'd be MA15+ at least, if not higher. DOTM certainly looks to be on par with the first two based on the trailers alone.
    I completely agree with you Sutton. I would not let my son watch this until he is at least a teenager.

With the group that I have organised for next Thursday, one of the people coming has a son who is only 7. I was quite shocked when he told me.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    Finally had a rating assigned by the classification board: M

http://www.classification.gov.au/www...0?OpenDocument

Probably not important to most folks on here, but for those of us with younger kids nagging to go see it, nice to finally have a rating.

I find it interesting that the board doesn't rate these films higher based on the violence that occurs to the robot characters...within the context of the movie, they're as valid as humans. If the violence between the robots in TF1 and TF2 was done in a human war movie, it'd be MA15+ at least, if not higher. DOTM certainly looks to be on par with the first two based on the trailers alone.

I certainly remember being quite shaken at the violent combat in the original animated movie as a 6 or 7 year old...when the Decepticons stormed the shuttle and started punching big irreparable holes in the Autobots it left a lasting impression on my young psyche.

Just my 10 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I completely agree with you Sutton. I would not let my son watch this until he is at least a teenager.

With the group that I have organised for next Thursday, one of the people coming has a son who is only 7. I was quite shocked when he told me.
    Because transformers falls into an 'unrealistic' form of violence, they can get away with it. Often the harshness of a rating for a game/movie falls down to whether or not it seems likely in real life. That's why games have trouble with zombies. For example Left for Dead 2. One of the major issues was that the 'zombies' were people infected with a disease. I suspect that had they been classified straight off as the dead risen agin, then there would have been less controversy.

*Spoilers*

I don't know how this movie didn't get MA15+ assigned to it. The violence and damage the transformers do to each other should more than warrant it, for example the killing of ironhide or eve more notably que's death where he knows he's about to die and begs for his life. Not to mention the decepticons targeting humans and scoring many kills on them too. Dead human bodies are seen in multiple scenes and bone fragments and even a skulls are seen flying apart as they are shot. And what upsets me most about this is that this recieves M while Mortal Kombat is above MA and thus banned

Will someone please think of the 100% Fictional, Pixel Manufactured, Robots!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Will someone please think of the 100% Fictional, Pixel Manufactured, Robots!
    I love dem pixels

Quote Originally Posted by theheretic View Post
    I love dem pixels
    But what about movieverse Prime's insatiable energon lust? - That is one of the most entertaining parts of the film to me, the more violent the better.
    (Whilst Megatron's death was entirely the wrong direction narratively, IMO, it was complete awesomesauce! )