Thread: Ninjago

Default Ninjago

Does anyone have the Thunder Raider, and if so, would they recommend getting it?

http://shop.lego.com/en-AU/Thunder-R...isting=listing

The combining feature of the mech with the vehicle looks pretty cool, and despite not being a Ninjago fan, I am somewhat tempted.

I have it.

It's okay. I had watched reviews and then the promo on the Ninjago website and thought I'd take a bet on it at 33% off. I think it's my most disappointing purchase of the year so far. The mech is nice but it's the vehicle that bothers me.

Once you take the Mech off, it feels a little barren t the back with the long shaft hanging out the back. The wings unfolding and reversing to show more black help it a little but it just doesn't feel like a very wholesome or functional vehicle. Large back wheels and treads at the front??? Only weapons are two little guns??? Aerodynamic shape but how on earth is this thing supposed to generate any speed???

I'd say stay away. It was something I was unsure if I wanted but felt I might regret if I didn't see for myself. I've ended up regretting it unfortunately. I still have the Ninjago-Copter to build but am not sure. Another I put into the same bucket. Nice enough promo pics but unsure how it holds up in person.

I do recommend the Kai Fighter though. That's pretty awesome if you're a fan of cool fast jets. Best of the Ninjago sets for the year although the big black bird thing looks awesome too.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

i only have the 1st year sets - the bright green snake sets were nice, still need the wrecking ball one though..

the new sets i'm still on the fence over.

I got it, it's OK maybe buy it on sale. The draw for me was the mech.