Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars midnight toy launch Sept 4th

No Black Series 3 3/4 inch yet, so no sales for me
    No Micro Machines here in New Zealand (hopefully to come)

Got a good look at all the rest of the figures but no cash spent

I looked at the figures and went 'Meh'.

Rather order the SHF Stormtroopers than pay for the Hasbro crap. Im waiting for Phasma and the riot Stormtroopers so I can order them too.

Oh BTW........Let the scalping begin

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Well as a life long Die hard Star Wars nut. I had a great time. Spent an insane amount. Met a lot off great people and was a real party happening while waiting. We all had fun shopping and helping everyone find what they wanted. It continued even after we all left the store. Had never met most of the people before and was a fun night. If the opening night is like this its going to be one hell of a party night. 3/4 inch figures. Vehicles. 6inch Black and Lego for all. Could not have asked for more.

BBTS has the 6 inch figures up for preorder for those interested

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    BBTS has the 6 inch figures up for preorder for those interested
    Pre ordered but hope to they re stock locally cause the exchange rate will be a killer

Megatran Guest

Pleasantly surprised today to see Kmart stock x-wing (redeco) & tie fighters. $59 & $79, respectively I think.

They are not redecos. The new versions are different but similar to the old vehicles. X Wing in hand not so good. The Tie is awesome.

Launceston was a complete bust for Force Friday - the only new thing out of all the stores was the new Hasbro Tie Fighter at Kmart - that was literally IT out of Kmart, Target, Myer, Toyworld...

Saturday morning everything showed up but it was too late, I already ordered every lego set off shopforme for 20% off...

I was at Force Friday here... the heads of Hasbro Asia and Toys R Us Asia both attended the event but never bothered to mingle with us - there were 300 people at the VIP event with mocktails, Darth Vader, Imperial guards, storm troopers, etc and loads of prizes if you could speak Cantonese.
    We were given a free VIP goodie bag which included a hot wheels Star Wars car, Star Wars notebook, plastic folder, Star Wars lego coaster, R2-D2 keychain and a sticker.
    We were taken down to the store and allowed in in lots of 50 at 5 minute intervals. I was in the 3rd wave to have access to the store. The light sabers had all but sold out. The staff couldn't restock the black series or the smaller figures onto the shelves quick enough. I wanted a Captain Phasma and couldn't find her on the pegs. Noticed a shopping trolley full of the same series with 2 guys digging through it and noticed one of the guys had a toys r us shopping bag with a Captain Phasma sticking out to which I commented "wow! where did you find that? It's the only figure I'm after in this range." The guy looked at me sheepishly and said "If I give you this one will you go away?" I then looked back at his shopping bag and realised it was absolutely FULL of Captain Phasma figures, sighed and said "yah". Ironically the head of Toys R Us was right there and did nothing about it but at least I got the one figure I wanted.

I ended up spending enough to be given a second goody bag from hasbro (but nowhere near enough to claim the Lego goody bag). Inside the Hasbro goody bag was a black series slave Leia, an At-At driver figure and a Darth Vader voice changer mask.

It was also interesting to note that for the first time Toys R Us Hong Kong was selling Hot Toys figures (and allowing pre-order for Hot Toys figures as well). I have no idea how the prices compare to normal but I anticipate them to be more expensive.

It was a fun night... not as disorganised at the Transformers event... but they didn't have the exclusive goodies that Transformers did... no limited edition figures or gold plated figures as prizes or anything.
    I can post photos if people are interested but won't bore everyone otherwise. (or you can go look on my twitter feed (@lisamareec) where I posted live)
    Last edited by Bladestorm; 12th September 2015 at 03:52 PM.

Megatran Guest

I gotta say I'm warming to this launch with more items on display shelves. Today I saw a 20-inch Greedo at Target ($39). I'll be grabbing him as soon as there's a Target toy sale.