Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Movie Bumblebee and Shadow Spark Optimus revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbleb33 View Post
    Hasbro would not allow Bay to not include him, Bee is the cash cow of the franchise because kids love him.
    Also because Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are on Hasbro's "never perma-kill" list, thanks to the reaction that Hasbro got after they allowed Sunbow to kill off Optimus Prime in 1986's TFTM.

I'd be up for a good quality MPM Bee, if the detail is good and some nice touches like rubber tyres.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I'd be up for a good quality MPM Bee, if the detail is good and some nice touches like rubber tyres.
    Sounds like from a knockoff company that I should not speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Those MPM-03 tyres don't look like rubber to me, personally I prefer plastic tyres they don't warp and crack.

The images at the facebook link in the first post, from the Hong Kong Toy and Games Fair, have been mirrored here, as that facebook posting has been pushed way down the page now.
    The bio on the back of the Optimus box is very simple, basically noting what he did at the end of TF4 (leaving Earth to find his creators), and instead finding a new danger (there is *always* a new danger with these Transformers movies).

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    I'm guessing Bumblebee is a new mould, or at least a heavily reworked existing mould, and not just changing the car parts to look like the original '06 Camaro concept. I immediately thought of Battle Ops Bumbebee and DotM Leader-class Bumblebee, but a lot of details don't match unless either figure was heavily reworked.

Official Hasbro release at Seibertron, via Reddit.

Interesting that Hasbro chose to resurrect the Movie Masterpiece numbering, starting with MPM-3.
    As noted above, Hasbro have released official images for these two toys from the Hong Kong Toy and Games fair - MPM-3 Masterpiece Bumblebee and Premier Edition Shadow Spark Optimus Prime (redeco of the TF4 Leader Class toy).
    These go with the already revealed Voyager Class Premier Edition Optimus Prime toy, that some sites are suggesting will be released this month (yes, January... six months before the Movie is out).

Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Shadow Spark Optimus Prime
    (Ages 8 years & up / Approx. Retail Price: $69.99 / Available: April 2017) The explosive Transformers saga continues with Transformers: The Last Knight, and this Asia-Edition Premier Edition Leader Class Shadow Spark Optimus Prime figure allows fans to bring the action home with them. The large-scale figure features incredibly intricate space deco and purple eyes inspired by the movie and converts between robot and truck mode in 20 steps. This 9-inch Optimus Prime figure also comes equipped with two space weapons.

Masterpiece Movie Series Bumblebee MPM-3 Figure
    (Ages 8 years & up / Approx. Retail Price: $79.99 / Available: July 2017)
    This premium movie Bumblebee MPM-3 figure from the Transformers Masterpiece series brings the 10th anniversary of the 1st Transformers movie to life with this film-version of the iconic Autobot scout. This figure includes stunning intricate detailing and 33 steps of articulation, as well as a flip-down battle mask and Chevrolet Camaro design. Whether he’s cruising the highway as a slick Chevrolet Camaro or facing Decepticons in battle, Bumblebee is one of the bravest bots in the universe.
    These look to be Hasbro toys, as they have US Retail prices on them, but the Optimus description mentions it being an Asia (Hasbro) exclusive... while the Bumblebee has MPM-3 in its name, which relates to the Japanese numbering of the Movie Masterpiece toys (MPM-1 was Starscream, MPM-2 was Bumblebee).
    Bumblebee looks like it could be a new mould, as it isn't the TF2 Leader Bumblebee toy that was sold in Japan as MPM-2, or the TF3 Leader Bumblebee that was re-released by Hasbro for TF4.
    Last edited by griffin; 13th January 2017 at 12:05 AM.

Is "Premier" the American spelling for "Premiere"?
    (kinda like "color" instead of "colour" over there)

When I see "Premier" on the packaging of these toys and these news postings, it makes me think of the politicians that lead our state governments... rather than it being a first release toy.

Can't wait. I love the Bayverse toys. Am I the only one

Would instant add that Bee into my collection. Would go well with my MPM 01.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Is "Premier" the American spelling for "Premiere"?
    (kinda like "color" instead of "colour" over there)

When I see "Premier" on the packaging of these toys and these news postings, it makes me think of the politicians that lead our state governments... rather than it being a first release toy.
    "Premier" is correct, as in an adjective describing something 'first in quality.'
    "Premiere" is either a noun or verb meaning 'the first of something,' such as when a film debuts it is a movie premiere.

Or when this toy is released, and let's say Mike Baird was at the product launch, then you could say, "The NSW Premier attended the premiere of Premier Bumblebee."

Quote Originally Posted by dsphatlite View Post

No you arent... the toy for the movies have all been good.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dsphatlite View Post

No you arent... the toy for the movies have all been good.
    Oh, the Bayformers certainly has had its fair share of lemons. Combiner Class Devastator, anyone? But every Transformers series is a mixed bag with gems and duds. Even MP has had its share of toys that have disappointed fans (e.g. original MP03, MP05).