Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: US & JP Masterpiece speculations, rumours & wish-lists

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    It depends how close they want the MP's to resemble the originals. Though the vehicle modes were very similar their robot modes were quite different. That said, they shared a mold in the Classics line so it is always a possibility.

I agree, I wouldn't be surprised to see either of them as the next MP's.

There is always a possibility of the Coneheads but a 3rd party developer made them all a few years ago so they may think whoever wants them may already have them.
    Does MP Lambor have some sort of torso looking kind of thing+ turning everything around abilities? If it does, It could work well, like universe.
    Hmm, gets you thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    What no Shockwave on the list?

That makes me sad.
    That's why the last option says "Other" and there's a space for you to enter which character you want to see if it's not on the list. Galvatron wasn't on the list, so I entered it myself. If enough people submit the same nomination, on the list or not, then that will tell TakaraTOMY which are the most popular characters that fans want to see as MPs. Remember you can nominate up to 3 characters -- and you can vote for each MP you've ever purchased from TakaraTOMY. I've yet to submit my codes from MP Sunstorm, so that'll get me another vote.

If you don't know how to type the character's name in Japanese, just look them up on TFwiki, click on the "Foreign names" link, then copy and paste the Japanese text. Here's the one for Shockwave (or Laserwave as he's called in Japan)
    http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Shockwave_%28G1%29#Foreign_names

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    What no Shockwave on the list?

That makes me sad.
    They sorta don't have the rights to the G1 mold to use it as a masterpiece tho.

Takara actually teased the audience with it at the Masterpiece reveal about 6 months ago.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Surely they can modify the design enough so that it's an approximation of G1 Shockwave, but dissimilar enough not to get into legal trouble from the trademark owner? (but then I guess you'd have people who'd still complain that it'd "look nothing like G1 Shockwave" )

trailbreaker for sure

Default Masterpiece Question.

Hey everyone, do you guys know if there is any news in regards to MP Ramjet, Thrust and Dirge development?

I'm aware of Igear's products but , don't know about them something just seems odd about them.

Brad.

There hasn't been any hint, unfortunately, of any Official Masterpiece "Cone-head" seekers being produced at all sadly.

Default I want Masterpiece inferno

I was looking at the japanese most wanted mp list and started thinking about what i wanted...Man I would love a masterpiece beastwars inferno .. There's something about inferno from beast wars that reeks of cool. And g1 sunstreaker! What would you guys want? And yes I know - g1 inferno before any bw...
    Last edited by evandouglas86; 23rd November 2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: To stop confusion

I want a Masterpiece Time Warrior. In any case, be sure to tell TakaraTOMY what you want in their online customer feedback survey - specifically Question 38 which explicitly asks you to nominate which character(s) you'd like to see made as a Masterpiece toy.
    http://otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=201

Quote Originally Posted by evandouglas86 View Post
    Man I would love a masterpiece inferno..
    Actually he's always been at the top of my 'wish list' for a masterpiece as well. Inferno has always been by far my fav figure from the 1985 Autobot Cars just for the size, detail and play value

Plus as a character he was just cool

For a second though I would have to say Warpath