When I recieved this news from news.com.au, I couldn't believe what I saw.

Ford Australia is kind of low, so they pulled this move for some odd reason.

THE humble Ford Falcon is about to undergo a massive transformation to star in an upcoming video game.

But it's not the transformation Ford wants, which would take the car from a fading showroom flop into a born-again success with buyers.

Instead, the Falcon will be morphed into a Transformer for a war between Autobots and Decepticons.

Gamers are being asked to put their twist on the Falcon by choosing from a range of characteristics for the Australian version of a Transformers car.

They will help decide which model, what colour, whether it will be an Autobot or a Decepticon. They will even decide its name.

The results will be passed to High Moon Studios for inclusion in the company's 'Transformers: Fall of Cyberton' game, which is being unveiled on August 22.

At least there is a guaranteed outcome, as the most-recent entertainment twist on the Falcon saw it transformed into a 21st century Interceptor for a potential Mad Max revival.

The movie is going ahead but, despite a successful display at the Melbourne Motor Show and internet interest from around the world, Ford Australia could not raise enough money to take the Mad Max idea beyond a scale model.

Gamers who want to follow the Falcon should head to the car and company's Facebook sites.
People on facebook already voted that the Transformer be an Autobot. Now the kind of car its going to be is up to you to decide.

You can place your votes here: http://www.facebook.com/FordAustralia