• Only if (something else)

1 4.76%
  • No

1 4.76%
  • Not interested

4 19.05%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Voyager Alpha Trion

Deluxe and Voyager Titan Masters aren't cross compatible.
    i.e. a Deluxe Titan Master can't binary bond with a Voyager 'Transtector' and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    i.e. a Deluxe Titan Master can't binary bond with a Voyager 'Transtector' and vice versa.
    They can, just won't fit as snugly with any helmets/masks etc

This mold is one of the line's biggest disappointments for me. The robot mode looks pretty good, but in hand it's a fiddly mess that I feel has no place next to the amazing molds that make up most of TR.

The alt modes are just not nice. The lion head is either brilliant or garbage depending on how much you like that he's sucking his own hands and the non-animal mode is just nothing.

The ear-horns on mine will stay locked in place flawlessly if you can get them down to begin with. But with mine they stay down about 2% of the time. They do look great in robot mode though -- Sovereign makes for a brilliant head.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    They can, just won't fit as snugly with any helmets/masks etc
    I tried binary bonding Nucleon with Hardhead and it wouldn't fit. Maybe it's just Nucleon who's not compatible w/ other TR Transtectors.

Hasbro Nucleon's head is a very tight fit compared to all the others I have (W1+2 of the Titan Masters, Leg Hardhead, TR Brainstorm)

Only Skullcruncher/Grax are tighter (Grax's head pops off fairly often, so I reverse the direction before putting him on, not as secure but still quite tight, though in this case I think it's the port that's too tight, not the mini head

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's an advertised play feature of the product line that they are compatible.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I tried swapping Sentinel Prime's Infinitus with Scourge's Fracas last night - Infinitus was a pretty tight fit while Fracas was really loose. It held in place, but if I held Sentinel Prime upside down and shook him then Fracas would've probably fallen out. Whereas I had to exert some force to remove Infinitus from Scourge's shoulders.

Yeah the headmaster ports could've been handled better imo. It relies solely on the flex in one piece of molded plastic. And I can see with this particular type of flexible pvc, mold tolerance is not its strong suit. So you get a big variance across size class, and individual figures.

Then again, for a universal feature that works across all price points, it needed to be a cheap and simple design, because otherwise there's bound to be more compromises somewhere else on the smaller Deluxe figures, since they have a smaller budget. The combiner port system in CW was a great design, but the Deluxes, who needed a fair percentage of material dedicated to the combiner ports, were arguably simpler and mostly use recycled engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    For example, Galvatron seems to have a big head on a deluxe, but his head is the same size, he just has more face surface area than others.
    Indeed. The geometry of the TMs are the same across the board, not only for the sake of fitting in between shoulder pauldrons/horns,or inside masks, but also in the all the cockpits and seats. The faces do vary slightly in size, which is what makes it extra interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by doublespy View Post
    Then again, for a universal feature that works across all price points, it needed to be a cheap and simple design, because otherwise there's bound to be more compromises somewhere else on the smaller Deluxe figures, since they have a smaller budget. The combiner port system in CW was a great design, but the Deluxes, who needed a fair percentage of material dedicated to the combiner ports, were arguably simpler and mostly use recycled engineering.
    So just enforce a universal head-port size. That doesn't cost any extra money. It's something that HasTak have done since 1984 5mm post. The large 1987 Targetmasters can actually swap weapons with the small 1988 Targetmasters as well as 5mm post weapons from any other Transformers line!

I can now tell you that there at least 2 different moulds for the Headmaster Units as I ripped of Darkmoon's arms to put them on Nucleon so Galvatron would have a fuller crown but Nucleons ball joints were too big. So I tried Terribull's & they fitted fine. Doesn't look as good with Terribull though, wrong colour.