Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with a ludicrously tight ratchet joint on Optimal Optimus

Aside from the shoulder (The grey bar connecting the blue chrome and maroon chrome sections) The electronics don't work. A battery has been allowed to leak inside and the compartment is rusted. It has minimal wear, has the blast panels, gun and two of the clear missiles and looks very nice as a display piece, Fine is you only want it in robot mode and never want to touch or transform it. That's not what I want nor as it was advertised, I'd say the figure is in used condition, not Excellent Condition.
    The only problem with the Drilling solution is I'm not particularly handy(Seriously, I don't even own a drill.) I may end up doing more damage than good. But perhaps with a few swaps around with a Junker it might salve my burning rage. A few Questions for you Liegeprime; Is the grey head section snapped off, or just the head itself? And can I just remove the head through "excessive force" Or Do I have to disassemble the electrics? If the head can be popped off then we might have a deal. (Chrome wear is fine, most of my transmetals have chrome wear.)
    Last edited by Tallestblue; 14th September 2010 at 11:11 PM.

Its the whole gray piece and the robot head that's missing. The head can be taken off using some force.. not excessive and there's a trick on where to press so you don't snap the gray piece when trying to remove the head. You actually slide it forward while the gray piece is 90º up and it should come off easy without the need for force actually
    I just tried it with my complete Opop now to see if could be done. Ill take some shots and post the pics here. You don't have to dissasemble the electronic cannon parts for this simple transplant.

Honestly though from your description of that figure , THAT is a Junker more than what my spare is. Mine just appears to be semi complete compared to that.

Erm thinking ahead though, how does $15 + postage costs sound to you?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Okay. I just tried unscrewing bits and pieces of OPop to see if it could be done and it can, so I'd just swap out the head and the arm and maaaaaybe the Gorilla/Head chest as it's pretty banged up and the ape head is loose. Or, I might just take the head off and give the accesories to this new one. Save the time and effort.

Actually, having a good look at my incomplete one, you just need to put the robot head, and the arm plates and the other accessories ( gun and missles) but pretty much it's a decent Opop really, cept its got no bot head and them accessories. Ratchet is still good not too tight but not loose.
    Removing the head,

gray piece 90º up and then push the head forward to slide it out

do reverse for putting it back on

here's some pics
    Front - the opop names smudged off a bit

Back - no bot head

Elctronics still work - put batteries in just for demo

and as you can see the usual chrome wear

here they both are, side by side
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Okay, he looks pretty good, and $15 plus postage is AWESOME. Seriously, I paid 60 bucks for the optimus I got so that's a sweet deal. I'll PM you for payment details.

NO worries, he's been in my sale/trade pile for less than a year now. I got him cheap - prolly coz of the no head thing ( which the seller failed to mention) and absolutely no accessories so Im happy to sell him even cheaper for what I got him for, just to help a fellow Ozformer out as well.

Im sure most of us here are curious what that"junker" Opop you got looks like in the first place coz if I base it from your description, dayuum that IS a junker. For the clear missles - Im not sure but I think ebay seller therawyde might still have one. I havent visited his store for quite a while now. but last time I did , I got from him 1 of the missles to complete my current Opop on display. hope that helps.... btw for your BW wants have you visited Verno's listing here, he might have updated his items?. Cheers!

I got Inferno and Quickstrike from Verno, I'm waiting for him to update his
    Transmetal Waspinator. I'm fairly certain in our conversations Verno sdaid he's got two spare Optimal Optimus missiles. I don't have a digital camera otherwise I'd show you guys the battery damage.