Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy grail

FINALLY got an Alternators Mirage today at SupaNova! I've been wanting this toy since 2006, but it was never released in Australia. I did get BT Mirage, but it's only clear -- really wanted a normal coloured version. I could never find one at AU RRP ($45) until today (well, $5 above, but near enough ).

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Right now the closest thing to a TF grail is probably the Brave Police construction site crime scene - the maroon version of Ironworks.
    It only took two years, but... target acquired!

Very interesting orientation choice in terms of the packaging, considering the squareness of the Micromaster Station boxes.

My next grail would be a full set of the black Reverse Evolution Sixturbo Turbo Team. (Which is annoying as I used to own three of them and sold them back when I was even more of a fool.)

Good luck. Not many people can boast about having black discharge without needing medical attention.

my holy grail would be a botcon transmetal tigertron and transmetal ravage they got in japan.

i would also love to have a complete collection of beast wars incl the japanese ones
    Looking to buy Beast Wars figures, if you got any on offer, send me a message.

Also looking for:
    Transformers Prime: Dreadwing, Breakdown, Air Vehicon, Shockwave and Smoke Screen

Nice one Sky Shadow, I know you've been chasing that one for a while.
    I think there are a few black editions on ebay atm.
    Although 2 are throwing out the old "99% complete" i think they're about 9 bucks each but 25 for postage. + one in a sealed bag for 25 + 25 for postage

TFC Hercules. Always mean to put away money for it, but then there's always some new useless stuff that I must have... sigh...

A major pain-in-the-butt loose end for me has been the last Gen1 UK annual (in 1991/92 - with the five Dinobots on the cover)... and after many searches and missed auctions, I finally won a copy.

I can't remember how much I bid, and I don't get emails from ebay anymore confirming bids (???), but it wouldn't have been much above what I won it for (I was desperate, but not that desperate to go more than 40 pounds). Unfortunately, UK Pounds can be rather deceptive, as the exchange rate to AU$ ends up making almost double the numeric value that I bid (in pounds). I may have won it for £38 (GBP), but that ended up being AU$66 plus postage (£7 - AU$13).
    It was still at £8 when I placed the bid, hoping that since it hadn't attracted too much attention yet, it would stay cheap. But someone else really wanted it too... bidding £2 at a time, until finally giving up close to what I think I bid.

Now to track down the remaining seven issues of the original UK comic I'm missing... which usually sell for big bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    A major pain-in-the-butt loose end for me has been the last Gen1 UK annual (in 1991/92 - with the five Dinobots on the cover)... and after many searches and missed auctions, I finally won a copy.

I can't remember how much I bid, and I don't get emails from ebay anymore confirming bids (???), but it wouldn't have been much above what I won it for (I was desperate, but not that desperate to go more than 40 pounds). Unfortunately, UK Pounds can be rather deceptive, as the exchange rate to AU$ ends up making almost double the numeric value that I bid (in pounds). I may have won it for £38 (GBP), but that ended up being AU$66 plus postage (£7 - AU$13).
    It was still at £8 when I placed the bid, hoping that since it hadn't attracted too much attention yet, it would stay cheap. But someone else really wanted it too... bidding £2 at a time, until finally giving up close to what I think I bid.

Now to track down the remaining seven issues of the original UK comic I'm missing... which usually sell for big bucks.
    Can't believe you paid that much!
    I had those and more (with the Dinobot one still sealed in plastic)... got them when I was kid.
    Sold them off for less than 10 bucks for all after begging a fellow collector to take em off my hands... That was like 2 years back.
    That's how it is eh? Lol.
    I kept them for so long in mint condition and just decided to clear off all my comics and TF related books when I went thru a sudden need to cull phase.
    Maaaaaan.......

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I am not sure how many people consider this as a holy grail
    But I was hoping for a reissue of train raiden and that did not happened and most likely never will.

Always loved train robots as a kid.

Congrats on the Grails guys
    Mine's still the same, Lucky Draw Galvatron. I might find a loose Hasbro Deluxe and just get the sucker gold plated.