Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ehobby Magna Convoy

Default Ehobby Magna Convoy

Ehobby have revealed a new exclusive redeco Transformers toy - Magna Convoy - which is a blue/black version of the 2006 Voyager Optimus toy, with a new sword and gun.

It is scheduled for release in May 2017, for 7000yen (about AU$82), with the pre-order period in January.

Edit: it's nice, I'll probably get it, but the choice of accessories is a bit lacking and also this mold? I mean hey, better late than never, but yeah. Would've liked a CW Prime in Delta Magnus colours tho but hey can't always get what you want I suppose!

According to tfwiki, this toy is coloured to homage the cab (only) of the Delta Magnus toy, which was based on the pre-Transformers Diaclone toy Powered Convoy.

It notes that the cab was a non-sentient drone, which has now been given life, and a name (Magna Convoy).

The two weapons are the sword from TR Alpha Trion, and the gun from TR Mindwipe.

Funnily enough, the eHobby ConvoBat doesn't have a blue tail/shield-thing that the regular Mindwipe toy comes with, making this the only way to get a blue tail/shield-thing for ConvoBat?

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    Funnily enough, the eHobby ConvoBat doesn't have a blue tail/shield-thing that the regular Mindwipe toy comes with, making this the only way to get a blue tail/shield-thing for ConvoBat?
    I had a quick look at the two, & the shield that comes with powered convoy seems a bit darker than the blue used on convo?

Yeah true, but I suppose, aside from doing your own painting, that's the best you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I had a quick look at the two, & the shield that comes with powered convoy seems a bit darker than the blue used on convo?
    that could just be different exposure values for the photos. Hard to tell without seeing them both in the same photo.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    that could just be different exposure values for the photos. Hard to tell without seeing them both in the same photo.
    Totally agree. That's why I like doing and seeing side by side comparison photos as it means that both toys are photographed under the same conditions (even if the conditions are crap as in most of my pics ). I didn't realise that CW Drillhorn's blue was so much lighter than G1 Drillhorn's until I put the toys side by side.

I like it. I love the mold so will likely find a way of picking this guy up

Made my own last year, easy pass for me.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot