Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New pics of Cyclonus and Cheetor

More pics of Cyclonus!
    http://www.tf08.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=91

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am fine with that too. What I hate is the cheap 'bare plastic' gray that Hasbro now has a tendency to try to pass as Silver.

I have also noticed TakTom doing that a bit too but they are more subtle at it than Hasbro but I hope its not a growing trend.
    In my experience, Takara rarely paints silver plastic silver.

As for fully-painted prototypes used for packaging and promotional photos, check out Galaxy Force. All the protos in that were fully painted, so you had Galaxy Convoy pics with shiny silver paint on all his silver/grey plastic, which of course, would have never made it onto the final toy due to budget.

Both companies have been doing this for years, so I don't see why it's such an exception for Hasbro to be doing business as usual now.
    Last edited by FFN; 29th October 2008 at 08:38 PM.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It's still amazing what the purple nosecone alone does for that figure.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

what i cant understand is how the arms and the legs can have 2 different shades of gray, one being a more brown colour, common kids, colour matching isnt that hard is it?????

I think it's supposed to be a gold-bronzey colour to match his stomach grill.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I think it's supposed to be a gold-bronzey colour to match his stomach grill.
    Major Edit: I had a good look at it (Before I only saw the first pic) and it is indeed a vast improvement. I can't deny that. The Bronzey bit looks distracting with a yellowed look to it but it could be flash based on this latest pics but the different shades on the leg is a big deterrent and very distracting. It brings the figure down considerably..

Yep, I concede, I was wrong as there is a great improvement based on the orignal pics we saw but I still think it could be better so I will continue to play the waiting game to see what TakTom does with it and that will be the decider.
    Last edited by kup; 29th October 2008 at 09:01 PM.

I remember the storm surrounding Cheetor's eye colour. The blue eyed variant was in such demand, especially after Cheetor's released was held back from the very first wave of BW toys to the second... after the year drought of no Transformers at all, the held-back Cheetor had an almost mythical status for a while!

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Yeah, I remember the different eye variant Cheetors being listed separately on price guides with different prices for them. The blue eyed was the most expensive followed by the red eyed and the cheapest being the green eyed, which is the one I have! Doesn't bother me... IMO the green-eyed one looks the nicest, but I do enjoy looking at other people's variant Cheetors too.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    I really like Cyclonus!
    Yes, there's the grey plastic that will be changed to silver(with some extra paint), but otherwise I still think that they did a great job with that.
    Cheetor - I'm just not that big a fan of the design of the toy (saw the review by peaugh - the backpack that's part of the cheetah mode just doesn't work for me... So probably going to skip the Universe release
    Last edited by lcz128; 25th November 2008 at 07:36 PM.

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

I'm also reasonably satisfied with Cyclonus. I do like how Universe Cyclonus is going for the more G1 toy-accurate darker purple instead of the show-like lighter purple that Henkei Cyclonus has. The lack of chrome isn't really bothering me on this mould so I think I'll be going with the Universe version for this toy.