Thread: Overdrive

Default Overdrive

Has anyone had any dealings with Overdrive website?

Good experience? bad experience? Comments?

ive git some valks from there, never had a drama
    ~

Apparently they've gone downhill in their service in the last few months - a few guys on the macrossworld forums have been having difficulties with their orders with OD. For more info, go here.
    If I want your opinion, I'll give it to you

My sales thread: Linky

very interesting. Looks like some mix responses.

MacWorld aus guys are having OD as their con sponsors in GC but MacWorld in general don't like OD??

I was interested in purchasing their DX VF25F Fold Clear version yesterday but looks like it has been pulled!

Tober, Kyle and I dealt with them for organizing the Henkei exclusive seekers. Was a very pleasant, successful experience. They accidentally stuffed up and sent 2 boxes of skywards to NSW and 2 boxes of TC to Melbourne, instead of 1 of each to each, and they happily reimbursed us the interstate shipping cost. So, I'm a fan. But I've never dealt with them regarding anything in their own store.

I've dealt with Overdrive 3 times, and had very pleasant experience in all 3 times. I thought their prices were very reasonable. The communications and services were good. The 3rd and last time I dealt with them was around Christmas last year.

About 1 or 2 months ago, I emailed them asking for help ordering some items, but didn't receive a response. I sent them another email a couple of week ago, but also received no response, so I gave up emailing them again. Now reading the Macrossworld thread posted by Fungal, I think my recent emails must have gone to their spam folder so they never got to read them.

Based purely on my 3 experiences with them, if they can fix up their email then I'll be willing to deal with them again.

Yeah, Fungal and Jaydisc sorta summed it up. They were really good but they transferred email and ordering services about 9 months ago and things got 'complicated'... due to really heavy spam filtering allot of accounts, orders and correspondence goes missing. I have heard several stories of delays, but I have NEVER heard of them not actually honoring a transaction. I have personally never had a problem with them and used to chat about Macross stuff with them occasionally.

As for the DX Clear Set:

Anime Export is a great store - 18400jpy
    Mandrake (2nd Hand) if you're feeling lucky - 12000jpy

There are some others too, but those were the best I found.
    Which brings us to where we are today...